Anybody have any recommendations for any cheap, upper level (3000+) bio (or related to) online courses/labs please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tennis Guy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
So, I wanted to see, if any of you have any recommendations for any quick (done in a month or less preferably), cheap, upper level (3000+) bio (or related to) online courses/labs please? I'm looking to take online classes/labs very soon to bolster my application? Thank you all so much for all of your time, insight, and advice. It is all greatly appreciated!!!!! ..... ☺️

Members don't see this ad.

BYU independent study has cheap online courses that are very well done, I took several and I’m in med school now; anyone can take them and they dont actually show up as online on your transcript

Reactions: 1 users
BYU independent study has cheap online courses that are very well done, I took several and I’m in med school now; anyone can take them and they dont actually show up as online on your transcript
Nice, and thank you so much for the recommendation! How long did it take you to complete the courses, and which ones did you take? How difficult are the courses? I was told by a representative on the phone that completing the course(s) in less than two months is not doable? Is this true???

Members don't see this ad :)

Just to confirm - Does this produce a letter grade that goes into your GPA?

ETA: Are they self-paced or do they follow a schedule?

Nice, and thank you so much for the recommendation! How long did it take you to complete the courses, and which ones did you take? How difficult are the courses? I was told by a representative on the phone that completing the course(s) in less than two months is not doable? Is this true???

no prob!

I took a calculus class and a writing class, the calculus took several months and the writing took like 2. They’re as difficult as you would expect the in person class to be. The classes are completely self paced so in theory you can finish in any amount of time, I imagine they said that because they don't want you to have unrealistic expectations, but in theory I think you could. I definitely could have done my classes more quickly if I wanted to

Just to confirm - Does this produce a letter grade that goes into your GPA?

ETA: Are they self-paced or do they follow a schedule?

Yes you get a letter grade, classes are completely self paced, at least the ones I’ve taken can’t speak for all of them

Reactions: 1 user
Yes you get a letter grade, classes are completely self paced, at least the ones I’ve taken can’t speak for all of them

Thank you! :) I really appreciate you telling me about this resource too! :)

Reactions: 1 users