Anybody have any tips on how to keep vendors out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F0nzie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any tips on how to keep vendors out so they don't waste my front staff time? Every week I am getting representatives from various companies for meds, gene testing, labs, drug testing, etc and they are interfering with my day to day operations. They're messing with my flow!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody have any tips on how to keep vendors out so they don't waste my front staff time? Every week I am getting representatives from various companies for meds, gene testing, labs, drug testing, etc and they are interfering with my day to day operations. They're messing with my flow!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Had a rep of some sort come by today who talked non stop to my secretary. She couldn't shake him. Not cool! Found some signs. Now I just need to decide on the color.

After the sign and a polite reminer get ignored you just have to get direct. "Leave the property or I will get the police to trespass you"

Reactions: 1 users
Ask them who their competitors are and say you will buy from them.

As a patient, I've been thinking about this from the opposite end for years . . . how to get myself in and more face time. I've said before I'll make pens and other swag with my name on them so the doctor remembers me like they do with the drug names, assuming that actually has an endearing property. It could just remind them I'm a nuisance I suppose, hehe.

If you just refuse to ever see them won't they stop coming around? I mean they don't want to talk to your front office staff.

Don't make me tap the sign!
511093.jpg

Had a rep of some sort come by today who talked non stop to my secretary. She couldn't shake him. Not cool! Found some signs. Now I just need to decide on the color.

Weak sauce. Most secretaries toss salespeople who don't bring breakfast or lunch for the staff out on their heads.

Do what I do with my cats when they're naughty - spray them with water and they'll scurry away
At first I read that as "spay them" and thought that would be pretty effective, although perhaps excessive.

Thanks! If they sneak in I will just have my secretary say "did you read the sign?".

Put up a sign. If they ignore it, tell them "What product are you representing? Because if I ever see you again I'm never using it."