anybody have inside info from Jefferson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigress

queen of the jungle
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a look at the Jefferson secondary, and the part asking for your SAT score is right below your name. I don't remember my SAT score, and even if I did I'm not sure I'd want to tell them. Is it a waste of $80 to send in an application without the score? Would they just throw it out? If so, I'll have to decide whether to dig around to find my score or just forget about them.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they put much weight, if any, on SAT scores. You should probably dig up your scores just to be honest, but if you leave it blank, I doubt it will be the end of the world.

Generally your old SAT scores are available on your undergrad college transcripts. Mine show up on my college transcripts. Although, I remember them by heart too. Don't ask me how.....Its just one of those things. :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
Generally your old SAT scores are available on your undergrad college transcripts. Mine show up on my college transcripts. Although, I remember them by heart too. Don't ask me how.....Its just one of those things. :laugh: :laugh:

hmmm...mine aren't on my transcript.

It seems sort of silly to not apply because of a stupid score, but then again, I'm not all that gung-ho about the school to begin with. I just want to keep my options open here in Philadelphia.

does anyone know if we can get our scores on-line? i can't find my scores either and i really want to apply to jefferson.

wendywellesley said:
does anyone know if we can get our scores on-line? i can't find my scores either and i really want to apply to jefferson.

You can, at www.collegeboard.com. However, if it has been more than a year since you took the SAT's, they archive the data, meaning you need to pay them to have them search and send them to you and your school(s). Since Jefferson is just asking for you to fill in this information, I would not waste money and time (3-4 weeks , iirc) on this method, but as someone else advised try to contact the institutions you may have attended and ask them for your transcripts, which almost certainly will contain your SAT score(s).

TAKEANMDPILL said:
You can, at www.collegeboard.com. However, if it has been more than a year since you took the SAT's, they archive the data, meaning you need to pay them to have them search and send them to you and your school(s). Since Jefferson is just asking for you to fill in this information, I would not waste money and time (3-4 weeks , iirc) on this method, but as someone else advised try to contact the institutions you may have attended and ask them for your transcripts, which almost certainly will contain your SAT score(s).

thanks for the information. none of my transcripts have my SAT score on them. oh well, i think i'll give an approximate number.

thanks.

TAKEANMDPILL said:

hmm...yeah, I'm not going to pay to get them

I have a copy of my transcript, and it doesn't have my SAT score on it. I'm not sure why it would, actually; I don't think many schools do this (?)

The SAT was a long time ago. It just feels like digging into my past, and I'm sort of different now. I mean I did fairly well (like I said, I don't remember what I got), but I didn't study for it or anything. I didn't realize at the time that anybody studied for it; certainly nobody I knew did. So what exactly do they think they're going to learn about me from a test I took when I was a teenager?

tigress said:
hmmm...mine aren't on my transcript.

It seems sort of silly to not apply because of a stupid score, but then again, I'm not all that gung-ho about the school to begin with. I just want to keep my options open here in Philadelphia.

Hmmmm........must be a USF thing then. I'm not sure what to do in that case. I would call the admissions office at Jefferson and explain your situation to them.

Transcripts contain SAT scores?

A couple of my secondaries had requested ACT or SAT scores. I distinctly remember Penn State and Wake Forest asking for them. I got an interview at Penn State (didn't go to it though), and I got into Wake Forest. I estimated my scores for each one because after searching all over the house I couldn't find my score reports, and I was not about to pay for the reports on collegeboard.com. I don't think you need to sweat it -- I just approximated on the down side and nothing happened.