Anybody hear anything from UIC yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznsensazn3

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's taking forever. They finally just cashed in my supplemental check yesterday, so hopefully they start sending out invitations for interviews soon. If anybody has heard anything from UIC, please share. I'm starting to panic as this is the school I really want to go to. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

This is my second choice school. They definitely are taking their time :D

Anyways, I think they contact by email... not mail. I may be wrong - don't quote me on that

It's taking forever. They finally just cashed in my supplemental check yesterday, so hopefully they start sending out invitations for interviews soon. If anybody has heard anything from UIC, please share. I'm starting to panic as this is the school I really want to go to. :eek:

They still haven't cashed my check yet. I got an email on Jan 29th saying I met the requirements and the admissions commitee would be meeting to evaluate applications and we would be notified with a decision in a few weeks, whether we get an interview or a rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, they better hurry up and educate us before their state funding gets cut!:D

So I know UIC is planning on doing interviews during their spring break (March 22-March 26). Does anybody know how long it takes for the admissions committee to send out responses about whether or not you were accepted? University of Michigan sent me an email saying three days after my interview (March 19th) they would give me an answer. Iowa and Midwestern said 3-4 weeks after my interview which was on the 19th. I just don't want to be putting down a thousand dollar non-refundable deposit for a school waiting for UIC to respond.

Last edited:
So I know UIC is planning on doing interviews during their spring break (March 22-March 26). Does anybody know how long it takes for the admissions committee to send out responses about whether or not you were accepted? University of Michigan sent me an email saying three days after my interview (March 19th) they would give me an answer. Iowa and Midwestern said 3-4 weeks after my interview which was on the 19th. I just don't want to be putting down a thousand dollar non-refundable deposit for a school waiting for UIC to respond.

If I remember correctly it only took a week, 2 at the most.

They still haven't cashed my check yet. I got an email on Jan 29th saying I met the requirements and the admissions commitee would be meeting to evaluate applications and we would be notified with a decision in a few weeks, whether we get an interview or a rejection.

off topic but holy crap moni! you applied to a lot of schools. congrats so far on the ones you got in!!:)

off topic but holy crap moni! you applied to a lot of schools. congrats so far on the ones you got in!!:)

sorry off topic again, but I was about to say the same thing. LOL

I knowwwww. It has been so expensive. But my stats aren't that great, so I figured applying to a bunch of schools would increase my chances of getting in SOMEWHERE. Thank you very much though!

I knowwwww. It has been so expensive. But my stats aren't that great, so I figured applying to a bunch of schools would increase my chances of getting in SOMEWHERE. Thank you very much though!

At least you know you got in somewhere, so it's not like you wasted that money. You know where you're going yet, or are you waiting for your other schools to get back to you? Did you remove your signature lol? Nothing to be embarrassed about.

At least you know you got in somewhere, so it's not like you wasted that money. You know where you're going yet, or are you waiting for your other schools to get back to you? Did you remove your signature lol? Nothing to be embarrassed about.

No, I didn't remove it, sometimes it just doesn't show up for some reason. haha. I am 98% sure I am going to Nova because I won't have to spend any money on housing and just live with my parents, but I would still like to hear back from other schools just in case there is a school that I get an interview for and end up loving more than Nova.