Anybody hear from SUNY Buffalo lately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willow18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regarding interviews. I'm an Aug. MCAT'er, been complete forever, and still show as "unreviewed" (that's not a real word, btw) on the website. No one has posted on the Aug. MCAT'ers thread, just wondering if anybody has called recently...

Members don't see this ad.

I am also an August MCATER. I called today and they said the files are complete and in review. They are a little behind because 20% more people applied. Hope this helps.

It does, thanks. Brrr, so much competition. I don't think they favor state residents, do they?

Members don't see this ad :)
willow18 said:
It does, thanks. Brrr, so much competition. I don't think they favor state residents, do they?

Yeah, they do.

I do know that Buffalo uses a formula to decide whether to interview or not. It include factors such as science GPA, other GPA, MCAT, medical experiences, your college factor, research, personal statement, and LOR (each judged numerically).

gluon999 said:
I do know that Buffalo uses a formula to decide whether to interview or not. It include factors such as science GPA, other GPA, MCAT, medical experiences, your college factor, research, personal statement, and LOR (each judged numerically).

Interesting. Now I wonder if they use that formula to sort their application pile... higher mcat gets reviewed sooner and so on