willow18

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Regarding interviews. I'm an Aug. MCAT'er, been complete forever, and still show as "unreviewed" (that's not a real word, btw) on the website. No one has posted on the Aug. MCAT'ers thread, just wondering if anybody has called recently...

dark knight

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I am also an August MCATER. I called today and they said the files are complete and in review. They are a little behind because 20% more people applied. Hope this helps.

willow18

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
It does, thanks. Brrr, so much competition. I don't think they favor state residents, do they?

About the Ads

karat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
willow18 said:
It does, thanks. Brrr, so much competition. I don't think they favor state residents, do they?
Yeah, they do.

gluon999

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I do know that Buffalo uses a formula to decide whether to interview or not. It include factors such as science GPA, other GPA, MCAT, medical experiences, your college factor, research, personal statement, and LOR (each judged numerically).

willow18

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
gluon999 said:
I do know that Buffalo uses a formula to decide whether to interview or not. It include factors such as science GPA, other GPA, MCAT, medical experiences, your college factor, research, personal statement, and LOR (each judged numerically).
Interesting. Now I wonder if they use that formula to sort their application pile... higher mcat gets reviewed sooner and so on

About the Ads