Anybody heard from DMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, for any of those that interviewed at DMU around Feb 1st have you received any word on your acceptance?

I called yesterday and they said that we should hear today...

Members don't see this ad.

That interview group hasn't been emailed yet

Members don't see this ad :)
No clue but they seem to always stick to the 2 weeks or under deadline. How's waiting going? ;)

Oh, just fantastic. Thanks. ;)

They basically told me right at my interview. They said my stats, ECs, and LORs were awesome and that they would basically go to any lengths to make sure I attended, it made me feel pretty important.

I'm kidding; I found out 13 days later.

anyone from the interviews on 8th and 9th of feb heard anything yet?
i am planning to call them tomorrow.

Not since the email last week saying we would hear by 2/26. I interviewed on the 8th and was kinda expecting to hear today, since it seemed a lot of people were hearing back within or on 13 days. I interviewed at KCUMB last week and already have the acceptance in hand snail mail...what's taking you so long DMU???? :mad:

Not since the email last week saying we would hear by 2/26. I interviewed on the 8th and was kinda expecting to hear today, since it seemed a lot of people were hearing back within or on 13 days. I interviewed at KCUMB last week and already have the acceptance in hand snail mail...what's taking you so long DMU???? :mad:

Dean was gone again but I believe he is back. He personally places his stamp of approval on each applicant. So in a way, he is the RDS. So hold tight! I know they are busting them out as fast as they can. Give them a call. I know they don't mind. Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

Feb 1st interviewees got word of our acceptances on Feb 19th. So they were running a bit longer than the two week time period.

Feb 1st interviewees got word of our acceptances on Feb 19th. So they were running a bit longer than the two week time period.

that sucks...i guess more waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 8th and received an acceptance email today!!:D This is the best week ever!!!

Its looking that way I have an interview at Western U. on Mon. but they'll have to be really impressive since I absolutely loved DMU when I was there. The only thing I would love to have more information on is clinical rotations. Does anyone know how to objectively rate different schools' clinical programs. It really seems like a mystery to me :confused:

i interviewed on the 8th...and i didn't get an email today...does that mean i got rejected and they won't email me...just give me a snail mail?

i interviewed on the 8th...and i didn't get an email today...does that mean i got rejected and they won't email me...just give me a snail mail?
Nope, other people in my group found out a few days before I did and some others found out a few days after.

that is nice to know....i started crying yesterday because i really like DMU and will go if they accept me.

I have been placed on the Alternate List. 1 more on to the list.

I have been placed on the Alternate List. 1 more on to the list.
No worries Guju, from what I have read on SDN and from talking to current students there DMU got much more competitive this year. A lot of people would be happy sitting where you are b/c that means they still have a chance.

I'm very surprised you were waitlisted with your 3.7 /31

How many waitlists are you on?

i was feeling bad about being on the waitlist too (3.6/27 & IA resident), but this helps. i thought for sure it was my crappy interview that was keeping me out. i wonder what's up?

waistlisted on 3.7 and 31 mcats...tough...look at the brightside...you are more than likely to get a last minute spot because you are on three waitlists...but it is still of a downer...good luck:thumbup:

waistlisted on 3.7 and 31 mcats...tough...look at the brightside...you are more than likely to get a last minute spot because you are on three waitlists...but it is still of a downer...good luck:thumbup:

maybe i just suck at interviews...but i can't suck that much, since they do waitlist me.

maybe i just suck at interviews...but i can't suck that much, since they do waitlist me.
Did you apply late Guju? I think DMU filled up pretty quick this year. Also, DMU got more competitive this year which means people would probably be less likely to give up their spot.

Did you apply late Guju? I think DMU filled up pretty quick this year. Also, DMU got more competitive this year which means people would probably be less likely to give up their spot.

...or, maybe more spots will open because they've accepted a large number of students that have been accepted to and prefer an MD school.

I was placed on the Alternate List today for DMU. I feel kinda bumped out. Maybe I said something wrong in the interview? Anyway, I got accepted to Western. I should feel ok... I think I feel bumped out because I feel like I did something wrong.
When I compare clinical rotations between DMU and Western, I thought Western has better rotations, but DMU seems to be a nice school. And Des Moines is a cool area, versus Pomona.
What do you guys think when you compare between DMU and Wester U?

I was placed on the Alternate List today for DMU. I feel kinda bumped out. Maybe I said something wrong in the interview? Anyway, I got accepted to Western. I should feel ok... I think I feel bumped out because I feel like I did something wrong.
When I compare clinical rotations between DMU and Western, I thought Western has better rotations, but DMU seems to be a nice school. And Des Moines is a cool area, versus Pomona.
What do you guys think when you compare between DMU and Wester U?
I like DMU, but, as is evidence by my signature, I'm a little bias. I'm not that familiar with Western either. I just know that is not located in a great neighborhood and that it is common for people to live an hour away from campus and never attend class (I also know not attending class is common at DMU but have heard Western is pretty ridiculous). DMU's rotations are pretty solid. They have really established sites in Ohio and Michigan and their match list is pretty impressive, of course a lot of that depends on the class (what the students are interested in, how motivated the class as a whole is....). However, Western is in Cali which I love.

I was so disappointed after I found out that I was put on the alternate list at DMU. I really liked their facility and curriculum.

I sent my signed conditions form for the waiting list last week.

How about all you out there on waiting list?

I interviewed on February 23rd so as you can imagine I'm going to have a terrible stomach ulcer all week while waiting to hear back. :(

I interviewed on February 23rd so as you can imagine I'm going to have a terrible stomach ulcer all week while waiting to hear back. :(

good luck:thumbup:

Com'n now. Don't say that you suck on interviews. I was waitlisted at WVSOM, with a 3.7 and a 29, for several months before my acceptance. After being put on the waitlist, I thought about why I would have been waitlisted. I came up with two feasible scenarios.

1) During the adcom meeting, you were in a competitive interview pool.

or

2) The adcoms question whether you would go to their school if offered admission with above average stats.

Sending an update/or letter of intent letter couldn't hurt. Best of luck.

I'm still waiting for a judgement on the supplemental I sent them over two months ago. Apparently, my app was on the director's desk a week and a half ago, but still no letter. I hear great things about DMU, but I just wish they'd reject me or interview me so that I can move on. (just venting, nothing against DMU)

Placed on the alternate list.

I would rather have been rejected since I have to make a decision by Mid-April due to the situation with my fiancee.

Oh well.

Placed on the alternate list.
Oh well.

I'm sorry Fermata. It seems like the school is full or something becuz I haven't seen any acceptance lately. Does anyone get accepted in the last month or so? I interviewed there last week...so next week would be it. I'm praying !

I'm sorry Fermata. It seems like the school is full or something becuz I haven't seen any acceptance lately. Does anyone get accepted in the last month or so? I intervied there last week...so next week would be it. I'm praying !

Best of luck to you. I think that I shot myself in the foot during the interview.

Best of luck to you. I think that I shot myself in the foot during the interview.

One of my interviewer said that the Dean is the one who makes the final decision. The interviewers would not know anything until July/Aug. That's why I saw Dr. Muller wrote down stuffs when we introduced ourself. My interview group was small, only 6 of us.... since half couldn't make it through the blizzard. Hope the Dean could remember us well.

Thank you Fermata, I need some luck ! :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: :luck: :luck:
that's for everyone on the wait list and people who are waiting to hear back.

:luck: :luck: :luck: