Anybody heard from PCOM-Atlanta yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adennis

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed there on Monday (12/6).. they were saying when I was there that they just got approval to send out acceptances.. was wondering if anyone had heard anything, via phone, snail, or email.

TIA,
Andrea

Members don't see this ad.

I called today and was told some letters went out yesterday, and other decisions are pending and will go out next week. I assume the pending decisions are for those who interviewed later. Probably yours, and maybe mine (12/2). They're being mailed from GA.

Don't try to call, either, because they won't tell you over the phone.

That's pretty darn quick.

I'll check them out on 12/11.

Good luck to GA-PCOMers :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope they come out quickly.. I'm waiting to hear so I can avoid sending in a hefty deposit for another school...

*sigh*

I'm hoping since they knew I was already accepted somewhere else that they'd send mine out sooner rather than later... just so I know.. not assuming I got in or anything.

got in today! Let me know who else will be in our pioneering class

Bmw19

I bet you're the first one to know!!!!

huge congrats!

BMW19,
Just curious.... when did you interview? and what type of matriculation fee are they asking for?

TIA

I interviewed on Nov. 19th and they are asking for $250 to hold your slot, which I think is pretty reasonable.

BMW19

BMW19 said:
I interviewed on Nov. 19th and they are asking for $250 to hold your slot, which I think is pretty reasonable.

BMW19
Very reasonable, compared to other D.O. schools! :eek:

BMW19 said:

BMW19

Those of us who interviewed after Thanksgiving probably won't hear anything until next week then.

Update: I'm probably right; nothing for me today. Looks like next week is my week.

JKDMed said:
Those of us who interviewed after Thanksgiving probably won't hear anything until next week then.

Update: I'm probably right; nothing for me today. Looks like next week is my week.
Probably so! How often do the adcom's get together?

Geronimo said:
Probably so! How often do the adcom's get together?

No idea, but I'm gonna guess once every week, probably Fridays. The woman in the admissions office said many decisions were still pending, and those letters would go out Tuesday.

Today they told us that they would be notifying very quickly since there is a sort of compact between many osteopathic schools to make the first deadline date December 15. We talked about deposits and so forth before the interviews. Letters and emails were stated to be going out prior to 12/15 so you wouldn't have to make a deposit somewhere else not knowing if you would be offered a GA-PCOM seat.

I thought everything looked great and they seem to be very focused on providing a excellent educations. It would be very sweet to be a part of the first graduating class. They certainly know what it takes to succeed. The facilities will be awesome. MS3 & MS4 rotations could be some distance in some cases.

If you have had an interview there recently and not heard anything yet, PM me.

JKDMed said:
I'm pretty sure everyone who interviewed after thanksgiving hasn't heard anything yet.

You might want to clear your inbox, at least one message worth.

Just got an interview invite Friday. Its for Jan 10, but I already got one scheduled elsewhere and I aint from Georgia anyway. If theys gonna give they spots to Georgians, and they only gots 80 spots anyhow...I best be gettin on.

Hope the info about December 15th holds true....not doubting.. just one of those people that's supposed to send a deposit in by the 17th.. so anxious...

*crossing fingers*

everybody, please keep us posted....

Andrea

MagnumDR said:
Just got an interview invite Friday. Its for Jan 10, but I already got one scheduled elsewhere and I aint from Georgia anyway. If theys gonna give they spots to Georgians, and they only gots 80 spots anyhow...I best be gettin on.

None of the 6 on my interview day were from GA.

OrthoFixation said:
None of the 6 on my interview day were from GA.
D'oh. I just e-mailed and withdrew like 2 hours ago. +pissed+ It's OK because I already have way too much bugging me about decisions anyway to confuse things with more. It's a good thing you only have to do this cazy process once...hopefully.

MagnumDR said:
D'oh. I just e-mailed and withdrew like 2 hours ago. +pissed+ It's OK because I already have way too much bugging me about decisions anyway to confuse things with more. It's a good thing you only have to do this cazy process once...hopefully.
Actually, I heard residency applications can seem like this. Of course, finding employment can seem aweful as well. But maybe it won't be as bad!?!