Anybody heard from U Mich lately (post)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doppl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know if anybody had heard from michigan who had interviewed around 11/30. They told us they would try to give a decision by the break but apparantly they couldn't get to it all. I just wanted to see if anybody heard anything or when we could expect an answer.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey doppl...

i know of someone who got in (received the phone call the week before last) and interviewed on 11/30. i am bummed because i interviewed on 11/9 and i havent heard a thing. =(

dukegirlie ;)

you guys should feel lucky. my application has been "under consideration for further action" since 9/18. no interview for me!!

:( :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a post on interviewfeedback.com about someone who interviewed 11/30 and got an e-mail acceptance a little before Christmas.

I also interviewed on 11/30 and haven't heard a thing. That probably means we're waitlisted. I still have a faint glimmer of hope that maybe they didn't get through all of the 11/30 applicants yet. I mean, there were like 30-40 applicants that day!

Also, since they don't notify everyone the same way (Dukegirlie knows someone who got a phone call and I know people who got e-mails), that probably means that it's not the same person making all of the decisions. This is what I do when I don't have enough to occupy my time. I'm probably waitlisted.

I too interviewed at Michigan 11/30, and also have not heard anything yet. I, like gobears, have been hoping that they haven't gone through all 39 of the 11/30 interviewees. Although, I did not feel my interviews went that well, and at this point I figure a waitlist is about the best I can hope for...which could explain why I haven't heard anything yet.

Oh also, my friend interviewed that day and hasn't heard anything yet either.

Best of luck to all of you!!

Hey, this feels really good to hear other people in the same predicament as me. I wonder how many 11/30 applicants have heard from Mich so far.

Have any of you looked at the US News and World Reports about the #applicants interviewed and #accepted? It looked like almost half of the people interviewed were accepted. That's really high for a med school! Hopefully the big cutoff was just getting that interview. I keep thinking about that M1 who told us he got accepted the morning of registration. Sheesh.

I agree gobears. I get the feeling that they simply haven't gotten to us yet. I was just making sure that I wasn't the only one. On a previous post, somebody mentioned that your status is listed on their status page so if we were waitlisted we'd already be there. I guess we just have to keep on waiting for the news.

I interviewed on 11/16 and haven't heard a thing either. But I am waiting patiently, very patiently. I was thinking maybe they finally started sending my stuff to my preferred rather than permanent address, but I guess they probably just haven't sent them all out yet. I most likely got waitlisted, just the same.

If you are accepted, they do tell you on your status page, so I would imagine that they would also tell you if you were waitlisted. If not, maybe they don't waitlist until the very end, like Baylor and WashU. I'm not sure, but maybe someone more enlightened can tell us. :p

They do put waitlist status on the status check page...I've been there since 10/16 :( , yet I still check a few times a day to make sure it hasn't changed yet :)

hi

It's so strange that so many people on this board were at Michigan on 11/30! anyway...I interviewed there on the 30th and got an email acceptance around the 14th. A friend of mine interviewed the same day and got the same email on the 14th too. maybe they're just looking at the applications in batches?

I interviewed on 11/30 as well, but I'm an MSTP applicant. I assume that my app had to at least be cleared by the MD committee. Anyhow, I heard of my acceptance a couple weeks ago, via email, and then snail mail.

Good luck to all...it's a great school.

Adam

Has anybody who interviewed on 11/30 received notice of a waitlist yet, either by e-mail, snail mail, or on the status webpage?

I'm trying to figure out if no news means waitlist (and just not updated on the webpage yet) or if no news means not reviewed yet. Thanks.

Did anybody interview 12/7 hear anything? They told us hopefully by the New year we'd hear something . . . anybody?