Aug 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
Status
Pre-Medical
I realize that the new MCAT is going to be different, but if anybody is interested in the PowerPoint slides I made for studying for the "old" MCAT, I can set up a Dropbox account. They're mostly filled with basic formulas/equations, dimensions, math tricks, and molecular structures. No idea if they would be of any help on the new exam, but it seemed wrong to let nearly 750 slides go to waste.

Reactions: MrMe123

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I'd be interested! Just out of curiosity, how did you do?

Jumb0

5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2012
USA
Status
Pre-Medical
I would love some slides!

I am taking the MCAT in a couple weeks

OP
JLSant
Aug 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey! Not selling - it's totally free. I'll set up the account and link it for you guys ASAP. And as far as how I've done - I'm taking the test on the 21st, so wish me well! But scoring mid-30s on my AAMC FLs.

Reactions: MrMe123
OP
JLSant
Aug 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
Status
Pre-Medical
Okay, I'll link below. Before I do, though, just want to say two things: 1) I was pretty meticulous about pulling everything directly from a reputable source (mostly TBR), but I am human and make mistakes, and 2) If you find a mistake, please let me know so I can fix it for others. Obviously, once you download it, it's yours to do with as you please. Hope it helps!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q6cotb7nof3nfcr/AABHsoFKKhacmMtlMq0cf3pga?dl=0

Cawolf

Medical Student
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Downloaded and looks awesome - I like the pictures!

Will browse through as review in free time.

Thanks.

Oct 5, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Never mind ignore my previous comment lol. The work formula on inclined plane is in absence of friction right. I was thinking of calculating work due to friction on an inclined plane, which then would be cos.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLSant
OP
JLSant
Aug 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
Status
Pre-Medical
Realized I left my old (and very poorly explained) thin film interference slide on this document. I would delete the pics/orange comments and replace them with this comment I pulled from MedPR on SDN:

Say you have air (n=1), water (n=1.3), and glass (n=1.5) all stacked on one another. When the light hits the air-water barrier, some will reflect and some will refract into the water. The light that reflects will undergo a 180 degree phase change. When the refracted light hits the water-glass barrier, some will again reflect and some will refract. The light that reflects will undergo a 180 degree phase change and re-enter the air at the air-water barrier. This light ray will constructively interfere with the ray that originally reflected at the air-water barrier since both rays underwent a 180 degree phase change. If the glass had a lower index of refraction than water, however, the light reflected at the water-glass barrier would not have undergone a 180 degree phase change and once it passed back up into the air, it would destructively interfere with the ray originally reflected at the air-water interface.

upload_2014-10-14_7-12-43.png

Reactions: uvrsol