anybody invited to MCV/VCU recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aldo16

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just trying to gauge how far along they are in their process...

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the schools CURRENTLY requesting interviews thread and you can find that out very easily.

thanks jalbrekt.....

since it's a highly targeted question though, i was giving it a more prominent status on the board....

not that i don't like your thread....i do!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey aldo 16,
they sent me an invite last week to interview today...actually a lot of the other interviewees today were invited only last week.

wow...one week turnaround....they got you guys in just in time for their planned release of the second batch of acceptances...that's awesome..

i guess at this point if my number comes up, it's gonna come down to the wire for the 3rd and final batch of offers in March.

riopsedm - how was the interview though? i've heard it's pretty laid back....

If any of you were hoping for Dr. Brooks as your interviewer, you are going to be disappointed. He had a heart attack and is still recovering from it. They think he should be back in a few weeks.

He is by far one of the best interviewers. He has been there for years and years and years. He may be very old but he pleads your case to the committee with total dedication to you and your application.

Just thought I would pass this along.

i got an invite one week ago for a 2/11/02 interview

I interviewed there last wk. The crux (sp) of what the Dean told all of us is that b/c of this past Monday's holiday we would miss review and most likely not hear till end of March. So unfortunately the 2nd batch is outta reach. Sorry this post is kind of snippy, but MCPHU told me 6-8 wks and now it is sounding like I won't hear until at least 10 wks so I'm becoming very upset about everything. :(

lily2 --

sorry about the timing thing.....but i wouldn't sweat it....between MCP and MCV, you're sure to get in to one of them (if not both!)....

the reason i'm so curious is that MCV is my top choice (i'm in-state)...the stupid thing I did though, was to hold on to the secondary until like early december (even though I had gotten it 2 months earlier)....

i don't know....at the time this whole process was going so bad, and i was convinced that I needed to revisit my essays and knock their socks off, that i kept delaying to write that one "shining" piece.....

finally 2 months later (w/o anything better than I had in september) i just bit the bullet and sent in my application...i'm ticked off at myself now though, cause whatever chance i probably had to score an interview, i gave up by delaying....

i still kick myself everyday for doing that...

I got an update that said they would "try to schedule an interview within four weeks." That was almost seven weeks ago, and I have still not heard back from them. Are they just messing with me?