Anybody know anything about Creighton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loserman

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about Creighton other then what's in the MSAR? Does anybody know anybody going there, what they like about the school and what they don't like about it? Any 411 would be of help, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

omaha is not a bad place to live, but it is by no means partytown, usa either. there's definitely a strong california contingency there. seems to me like a lot of cali res people go there if they cant get into UC's. creighton is a cool place, and a solid school. expensive though

Their basketball team has been doing well lately. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
is that a city, a country or a school?

hey, i live in omaha...
if you're talking about undergrad-then it has a solid reputation-i remember a couple of years ago it was voted number 1 undergrad college in the midwest.
if you're talking about med school-it's a good med school-the religious affiliation is good for the high morale...
however i've heard opinions here and there that the state school (unmc-univ. of neb med center) has a better program than creighton....
my personal opinion? i think it is a good school for both undergrad and med, definitley intellectually stimulating (the undergrad portion at least) full of intellectuals, but at the same time you're also paying for their prestigious reputation as a jesuit college.
i would love to go to creighton-in fact i'm applying for their undergrad next year-but whether i go or not depends on how well they're willing to finance me/grants/scholarships etc. otherwise, it's state school, here i come (again)

as far as omaha goes-it's a pretty decent place to live. definitley not a major party scene but it has a acceptable music scene-some big name bands have come through omaha. it's slowly becoming a metropolis-and there are definitley some interesting historical places to visit. i would say it's definetly a good place to raise a family-and it's pretty cheap as far as cost of items, compared to the west or east coast. and it has a great fine arts scene as well (we boast two museums, a newly rennovated civic center, we have our own city symphony, and many fine arts festivals year round)