1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody know anything about SIU?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by MoThuggy, Nov 24, 2002.

1. MoThuggy

MoThuggy Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey guys
    Just wanted to know if any of you guys have any information abot SIU. I really want to go there and i wanted to ask like how hard is it to get into SIU if i am an illinois resident and any other information you guys have about SIU would be very helpful to me (such as any stats, etc)

thanks a lot guys!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zurich5

Zurich5 Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Mothuggy,

SIU is a good school, and cheap if you are instate. They REALLY prefer people from southern illinois, so if you are from that region i would say you have a good shot at getting in as long as your stats are around a +3.3 gpa, and 18ish on the dat. They do have a very small class, 30 something though. While Alton isn't the greatest town, it is close to St. Louis, so i suppose that is a plus.

Good luck

4. MoThuggy

MoThuggy Member
    10+ Year Member

Zurich,
    i am from chicago
    so do u think i would still have a good chance with a 3.5 gpa, 3.52 science gpa, and a 18/19 on dat? i mean, i am still from illinois and all.