Anybody know anything about Touro NY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LactaidPlease

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Am considering if I should apply to Touro NY. I really wish to live in the East Coast, and NYC seems fun (although the campus for Touro isn't in the safest neighborhood). I couldn't find too much about how good their program is though. Anybody have any info? Did anybody go there?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe they are on probation.. The location is not as bad as it sounds.. They focus a lot on public health.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probation for what?? I actually applied there

Probation for what?? I actually applied there

The best thing is to hear what they have to say about this. Call them !! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Their NAPLEX scores. When you apply this cycle, it says that the school is on probationary status. But, definitely call the school and ask them about any questions you might have to confirm.

I'm also applying to Touro NY :cat: Definitely a nice school in an awesome city with all the resources and opportunities you need for pharmacy training. I believe the reason that they are under probation is because they've graduated two classes so far and their NAPLEX pass rates are 81% and then dropped to 70% next year. I personally don't worry too much about it because the school is taking the extra steps to ensure that their students succeed in the following years, such as including a mandatory intensive courses specifically for the exam among other things.

definitely not a good sign