Anybody knows what's up with NYC Methodist IM unmatched?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qw1913

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows what's going on with NYC methodist unmatched positions in IM? According to the hourly-generated list they have not filled a single position yet. Is this normal? Can they take this long to pick anyone?
Does anyone know? Is totally impossible to get through the phone lines and find out!

Members don't see this ad.

Methodist has a reputation of not taking many ppl thru the match...they try to presign alot of ppl before the match takes place...and when the results come out...they can pick and choose who they want for those spots...they tend to take ppl with double 99's and they end up filling up their spots with ppl with great scores and who are desperate

The program could be filled, still unfilled...who knows. I called a program and asked to inquire about 3 open positions (according to the list). A voice message came on saying they have filled all their positions. So, for some reason some of these programs aren't updating or something is wrong.

I rotated with these guys for all my 3rd year cores. They are NOTORIOUS for this. Nobody gets why the hell these guys love the scramble so damn much. But the other guy did nail it... Methodist waits for the double 99ers, and gets a lot of desperate ones.

BTW, If you speak hindi, this is an excellent opportunity for you. About 60% of that program is indian. We would conduct morning rounds in hindi... they would have to keep reminding one other that there was actually one whitey in rounds, and therefore needed to speak in english. Fun! Oh, and if you're homesick for indian food, there's a lady there that makes tiffin meals and delivers em to the hospital. Ask one of the senior residents. A lot of those guys would get it from her, and say the food is decent to good, and cheap.

Also... the hosp pays well (comparatively), but it's all a wash, being that it's in Park Slope (one of the most expensive areas of Brooklyn).

Methodist has a reputation of not taking many ppl thru the match...they try to presign alot of ppl before the match takes place...and when the results come out...they can pick and choose who they want for those spots...they tend to take ppl with double 99's and they end up filling up their spots with ppl with great scores and who are desperate

Yup.

so whats the point of taking desperate people in the match that dont want to do IM in the first place? to bragg about their 99's intern-residents scores?

so whats the point of taking desperate people in the match that dont want to do IM in the first place? to bragg about their 99's intern-residents scores?

Yup.

Ha ha! I asked the same question in another thread before I saw this. So I'm assuming they're not going to want someone with less than stellar scores? But I do speak some hindi...:) By the way if they're so damn picky and they like only one spot out of ten doesn't that mean that one intern is going to be killed by the workload?

Not true! THey have offered many prematches to caribbean grads (with scores in the 80s)..and many Ross Univ and St. Georges students have rejected the offers.