Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anybody not hear yet after 2+ months after interview at Stony Brook?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cardsurgguy, Nov 20, 2005.

1. cardsurgguy

cardsurgguy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed in the first week they had interviews (over 2 months ago) and have not heard anything yet :mad:

This the case for anybody else?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zero2hero

zero2hero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Interviewed Oct 6th. Nothing yet. Friend interviewed week after me and got waitlisted. I think it depends when your interviewer can meet with the adcom.

4. Ifellinapothole

Ifellinapothole Membership Revoked
    Removed

Stony Brook sucks. Living on LI sucks especially Suffolk county. The students are Blah. The environment is Blah. I would go elsewhere. Then again it is very cheap.

5. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    check out the stony brook interview threads from last year. Some people didn't hear for 5+ months (but they had interviewed in January or later).

as the undergrad students there say, the State University of New York at Stony Brook Sucks.

6. DrKitty

DrKitty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    When have you guys recieved interview invites after being complete? I have been complete for almost a month now, and still haven't heard anything. I am in-state. :(

7. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It took them 2.5 months for me.

8. sucksabigone

sucksabigone Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

with all of this crap...there is no logic or reason for any of it. i honestly think it has to do with when your interviewer is available and how easy of a choice it is for them....like if you are a "maybe" it may take one or two meetings before a decision is made. i have interviewed a few places and have heard jack $hit....however, i interviewed at Stonybrook on like Oct 28ish and got an acceptance package on saturday. it was my most recent interview and they told me but the schools i interviewed at in september...nothing. moral of the story....its not worth the stress to think about it. you will know when you know. the lack of hearing news doesn't appear to mean anything either way.

9. MCYan

MCYan Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I interviewed Oct 17th, and they put me on waitlist about a week ago. So i waited for about a month until i get their letter. Hope that helps