Anybody not hear yet after 2+ months after interview at Stony Brook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardsurgguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed in the first week they had interviews (over 2 months ago) and have not heard anything yet :mad:

This the case for anybody else?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed Oct 6th. Nothing yet. Friend interviewed week after me and got waitlisted. I think it depends when your interviewer can meet with the adcom.

zero2hero said:
Interviewed Oct 6th. Nothing yet. Friend interviewed week after me and got waitlisted. I think it depends when your interviewer can meet with the adcom.

Stony Brook sucks. Living on LI sucks especially Suffolk county. The students are Blah. The environment is Blah. I would go elsewhere. Then again it is very cheap.

Members don't see this ad :)
cardsurgguy said:
I interviewed in the first week they had interviews (over 2 months ago) and have not heard anything yet :mad:

This the case for anybody else?

check out the stony brook interview threads from last year. Some people didn't hear for 5+ months (but they had interviewed in January or later).

as the undergrad students there say, the State University of New York at Stony Brook Sucks.

When have you guys recieved interview invites after being complete? I have been complete for almost a month now, and still haven't heard anything. I am in-state. :(

DrKitty said:
When have you guys recieved interview invites after being complete? I have been complete for almost a month now, and still haven't heard anything. I am in-state. :(

It took them 2.5 months for me.

gluon999 said:
It took them 2.5 months for me.

with all of this crap...there is no logic or reason for any of it. i honestly think it has to do with when your interviewer is available and how easy of a choice it is for them....like if you are a "maybe" it may take one or two meetings before a decision is made. i have interviewed a few places and have heard jack $hit....however, i interviewed at Stonybrook on like Oct 28ish and got an acceptance package on saturday. it was my most recent interview and they told me but the schools i interviewed at in september...nothing. moral of the story....its not worth the stress to think about it. you will know when you know. the lack of hearing news doesn't appear to mean anything either way.

I interviewed Oct 17th, and they put me on waitlist about a week ago. So i waited for about a month until i get their letter. Hope that helps