Anybody 'on hold' at DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharencare

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from DMU today (after being complete for 35 days) that "Due to the large volume of competitive applications this year, we have placed your file in “Hold” status. Though you are not invited to interview at this time, you are still under consideration for a possible interview later in the application cycle."

Anybody else in a similar situation? If yes, when were you complete and what are your stats.

I am really interested in DMU and am kind of disappointed. :( I have heard nothing but great things about the school. Do any of you have suggestions as to what i can do at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email from DMU today (after being complete for 35 days) that "Due to the large volume of competitive applications this year, we have placed your file in “Hold” status. Though you are not invited to interview at this time, you are still under consideration for a possible interview later in the application cycle."

Anybody else in a similar situation? If yes, when were you complete and what are your stats.

I am really interested in DMU and am kind of disappointed. :( I have heard nothing but great things about the school. Do any of you have suggestions as to what i can do at this point.
Send a letter of interest or an update letter. An extra LOR doesn't hurt. Schools look favorably upon applicants that want to go to their school. If you have the stats, you have the stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about being on hold yet, but I have been waiting for over 30 days so it is not looking to good. Science GPA is bringing me down...3.33 with a 3.6 cumulative and 28P. This is definately a school you want to apply to early because I have seen people that applied early with much lower stats not only getting interviews but being accepted.

I don't know about being on hold yet, but I have been waiting for over 30 days so it is not looking to good. Science GPA is bringing me down...3.33 with a 3.6 cumulative and 28P. This is definately a school you want to apply to early because I have seen people that applied early with much lower stats not only getting interviews but being accepted.

I was complete there in September and got put on hold. My GPA was 3.69 but had a lower MCAT score.

Hey,

I have pretty similar stats as you, 28Q 3.66 so hang in there because you have a decent shot at an interview, I did benefit a lot from an early application...I believe my interview group was the fifth overall...good luck and I am sure you will be accepted somewhere with those numbers:thumbup:

Good to know i am not the only one on hold. Good luck to everybody else, hopefully we'll hear back from them soon.

Hey Guys do not fret, I am sending my letter of rejection to DMU, since I got accepted to OSUCOM. So hopefully one of you can take my spot!!!!!:laugh:

I just got the email about being on hold today ... :(

27O, 3.25 ... you can look at my mdapps for the rest of my stats

Kinda bummed, but I have interviews other places oh well ... gluck to everyone

I just got an interview invite today and I was complete October 26 so just because it's been more than 30 days, don't assume the worst! Good luck!

am sending my letter of rejection to DMU
I love the idea of sending schools rejection letters!!

I got the same message yesterday, and I have been complete since the third week in October. I was very disappointed myself, even though it would have meant an expensive trip. I was truly interested in this school, but I have already had one interview and am scheduled for another, so whatever.

Stats:

Cum: 3.5, Science: 3.7
MCAT 29 (10,9,10)