Anybody on the Columbia Dental School Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carborn2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else is on the waitlist? Did anybody call them to find out when we might be hearing? So anxious to find out.

Members don't see this ad.

My app was complete in November, still no word from them at all. (Under Review)

I'm on the waiting list as well. Called them, but they couldnt tell me how long that I will hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you guys find out you were on the wait list? Phone call, AADSAS, e-mail, letter in the mail? I haven't heard back at all and I interviewed early December.

I'm on the wait list as well.. my interview was mid October. Notified via AADSAS and email.

How did you guys find out you were on the wait list? Phone call, AADSAS, e-mail, letter in the mail? I haven't heard back at all and I interviewed early December.

I called them. My AADSAS portal was never updated to waitlisted. Even after I called them, it is still not updated.

I just got an interview invitation to Columbia today. I've had my application in there since August. Looks like they're starting to move the list again and find more applicants to interview.

This obviously doesn't answer any "waitlist" questions, but it seemed pertinent enough anyways.

I called them. My AADSAS portal was never updated to waitlisted. Even after I called them, it is still not updated.

this is the same thing that happened to me...oh well, guess we just wait for now :(

I was waitlisted Dec 1. I called and they said that this week there could be some movement on the waitlist... I dont know what that means, but hopefully good news for some of us!

I was waitlisted Dec 1. I called and they said that this week there could be some movement on the waitlist... I dont know what that means, but hopefully good news for some of us!

hopefully, it will be good news for us all.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your responses.

For the poster that said potentially some waitlist movement would occur this week, did they tell you we would find out via email, AADSAS, phone.

Post in this thread if you find that you got off the waitlist.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when those who were accepted on 12/1 had until to deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
SupDanLOL,

Did you select an interview date? I was wondering if we interviewed on the 10th of februrary if that meant that we were interviewing for only "waitlist spots". I just hope that Columbia hasn't already filled their class and they are saving spots at least till the end of Februrary.

Anybody else have a feeling on this? I also got a notification for an interview on the 9th of January.

SupDanLOL,

Did you select an interview date? I was wondering if we interviewed on the 10th of februrary if that meant that we were interviewing for only "waitlist spots". I just hope that Columbia hasn't already filled their class and they are saving spots at least till the end of Februrary.

Anybody else have a feeling on this? I also got a notification for an interview on the 9th of January.

My interview is February 3rd. I explicitly asked what the deal was, and they told me that if I did well on the interview then I can expect an immediate acceptance, i.e., I would 'leap frog' the wait list. Of course I could also be flat-out rejected (or placed on the wait list myself).

The point, I think, was that everyone who is interviewed gets a chance at a spot in their class. If they love you-- you get in. If they hate you-- you get rejected. If they want to come back to you after viewing other possible, later interviewing applicants-- then you get wait listed. No real surprises.

My interview is February 3rd. I explicitly asked what the deal was, and they told me that if I did well on the interview then I can expect an immediate acceptance, i.e., I would 'leap frog' the wait list. Of course I could also be flat-out rejected (or placed on the wait list myself).

The point, I think, was that everyone who is interviewed gets a chance at a spot in their class. If they love you-- you get in. If they hate you-- you get rejected. If they want to come back to you after viewing other possible, later interviewing applicants-- then you get wait listed. No real surprises.

I'll be there with you on Feb. 3rd, I'm sure hoping for one of those immediate acceptances, lol.

I'm on the list. Anybody know how well the waitlist moved last year?

I was told that I was the first off the waitlist last year and I heard from them via phone call sometime mid March. Im not sure how much it moves though.......I interviewed Dec 10th and was put on the list around mid January.

I just got an interview invitation to Columbia today. I've had my application in there since August. Looks like they're starting to move the list again and find more applicants to interview.

This obviously doesn't answer any "waitlist" questions, but it seemed pertinent enough anyways.

I've been waiting since August as well. Would you mind PMing me or posting your stats? :) Good luck on the interview!

I cant believe you guys got waitlisted with the stats you have. Did your interviews seem like they went well?

I thought it did, the woman who interviewed me said she would"push for me." Wish she pushed harder. :(

I cant believe you guys got waitlisted with the stats you have. Did your interviews seem like they went well?

My interview went great. My interviewer seemed to have liked me and what I do a lot, but I know they probably give that impression to most people. I thought my stats (25AA/27TS, 3.9 sci, father attended school, various volunteering and leadership positions) would get me in but apparently they are looking for something more.

Just looking forward to other options at this point and trying to put it behind me.

Last edited:
My interview went great. My interviewer seemed to have liked me and what I do a lot, but I know they probably give that impression to most people. I thought my stats (25AA/27TS, 3.9 sci, father attended school, various volunteering and leadership positions) would get me in but apparently they are looking for something more.

Just looking forward to other options at this point and trying to put it behind me.

:eek:

Waitlisted on 1-20-12 after a 1-13 interview. When I interviewed they said they were half full..... please post if you hear about movement!!!!

Accepted off of the waitlist on January 20th 2012!! I interviewed September 30th and was waitlisted Dec 1.

Last edited:
Waitlisted on 1-20-12 after a 1-13 interview. When I interviewed they said they were half full..... please post if you hear about movement!!!!

1-13 interview. Got in 1-20. Hm.. you were at my interview then

How did you find out you got off the waitlist?
Email or phone call.

I also interviewed 1-13, haven't heard anything yet. hopefully thats good news...

They didnt happen to call you from a restricted number did they? I missed a call from someone on 1-20 from a restricted number but no voicemail, so Im assuming it wasnt them.

They didnt happen to call you from a restricted number did they? I missed a call from someone on 1-20 from a restricted number but no voicemail, so Im assuming it wasnt them.

The admissions committee met on 1-20 for those from 1-13 from what I was told and they called from a 212 area code number (Manhattan).

Some of you guys have amazing scores, and I'm reading that even one said (s)he had a great interview, so would anyone have any idea why they would waitlist you guys?? I know none of this is going to be factual, unless you actually called the school, but it makes me nervous when I've heard nothing at 2 weeks after my interview and my numbers aren't nearly as high as some of yours... (not looking for words of hope, as my situation seems normal). But did you guys have extracurriculars, do you think your letters weren't that great, or what?

Some of you guys have amazing scores, and I'm reading that even one said (s)he had a great interview, so would anyone have any idea why they would waitlist you guys?? I know none of this is going to be factual, unless you actually called the school, but it makes me nervous when I've heard nothing at 2 weeks after my interview and my numbers aren't nearly as high as some of yours... (not looking for words of hope, as my situation seems normal). But did you guys have extracurriculars, do you think your letters weren't that great, or what?

I think I have pretty good extracurriculars and I showed immense progression in my academia career since I literally almost flunked a whole entire year's worth of biology. But I got a 22 on the DATs for biology so it showed that it wasn't the fact that I didn't know it.. I just had a rough year. Anyway, I have really strong recommendation letters so that might have helped and I'm not sure how to gauge interviews but... I did what I could and apparently it turned out for the better. My interviewer and I clicked very easily and my interviewer highly supported my candidacy at the school. Given my horrendous RC score, I'm surprised I skipped the waitlist. I had my interview on January 13th and got accepted January 20th, a week later.

I have a friend who has amazing stats, MUCH higher than mine and he's still waiting on Columbia. Maybe the admission committee at Columbia hasn't decided yet? Give it a bit more time. I think you'll get it soon. :xf:

My guy didn't care about individual scores, because he didn't care about my 19 in bio, but more my 22AA (he said that's what they look for in the AA). But that's interesting to hear about the applicants with higher scores, considering how much pride they seemed to have in being the top DAT school for the past 3 years. We shall see..

My guy didn't care about individual scores, because he didn't care about my 19 in bio, but more my 22AA (he said that's what they look for in the AA). But that's interesting to hear about the applicants with higher scores, considering how much pride they seemed to have in being the top DAT school for the past 3 years. We shall see..

Yeah man, a friend with 26 AA and 25 TS is still waiting on it. So.... I assume they still haven't decided.

I have a 22AA/23TS and still haven't been told anything at all (no interview, nothing). Is it a silent rejection at this point?

I have a 22AA/23TS and still haven't been told anything at all (no interview, nothing). Is it a silent rejection at this point?

They stop interviewing in late February from what I was told. However, I'm going to consider Tufts and Temple to be a silent rejection for me.

I'm really surprised you didn't get an interview...

I interviewed in 1/20 with imrealgerman and it has been 3 weeks since our interview without any news. Still waiting :xf:

Just received rejection email, too (no interview). It's bc we're more Penn people :)

I would've loved to visit UPenn! I can't believe the rejections are coming via emails - for $75, it should be delivered via telegram by Buddy the Elf! Well, sorry to hear that :(

I was waitlisted this morning. So far I got waitlisted from all schools :( The trend I analyzed from sdn+predents is that although committee meeting is held one week after your interview, Columbia wait about a month or month 1/2 to pool all the applicants and then send out the decisions. Hence, the reason why some people hear back one week after their interview while others hear back after a month.

Does anybody know when they stop interviewing and/or if they still have seats available? I know this will most likely be speculation but anything would be good at this point... I was waitlisted in mid-January and I am just wondering my chances (as I am sure everyone else is as well) Thanks :)

the 24th is the last day they are interviewing, so the review process for new interviewees should conclude march 2nd. then I assume is when they return to the "unranked" waitlist.