Anybody recieved secondaries yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Highclimber

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright folks...this is my first thread post and I am probably going to be bashed for not searching or something but anyway here I go anyway... My question is clearly has anybody gotten secondaries yet? I see in someone's "Official useful links thread" that many secondary links are already set up for the 2006 class... I am curious whether this in anticipation of sending out secondaries or if some have already been sent. How do these schools notify the applicant of a request for a secondary? snail mail? email? And which schools automatically send secondaries to everyone? My amcas app has been processed and says that it has been sent to my list of schools... Wondering when the next ball will start rolling...

Cheers...

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools that dont screen already have their secondaries up that you can begin to fill out if you sent them your primary information.
Tulane and JH are ones off the top of my head.

BrettBatchelor said:
Some schools that dont screen already have their secondaries up that you can begin to fill out if you sent them your primary information.
Tulane and JH are ones off the top of my head.

are we really allowed to do this already? has anyone done this and gotten confirmation that they received it?

i am currently in between jobs, so I am looking to kill time before I start up again and the secondaries start rolling in. : )

Members don't see this ad :)
caffeine37 said:
are we really allowed to do this already? has anyone done this and gotten confirmation that they received it?

i am currently in between jobs, so I am looking to kill time before I start up again and the secondaries start rolling in. : )

I have already started the johns hopkins, columbia, baylor and tulane secondaries, they are readily available online and they are for 2006.

Jim

Yes, I have sent in both Hopkins and Columbia and gotten confirmation that they have been received. Both are the updated application for 2006 and applications are being readily accepted. There is nothing wrong with getting a head start on these schools that make their apps available - that way you will be freed up when the July rush comes in! Good luck.

boathouse34 said:
Yes, I have sent in both Hopkins and Columbia and gotten confirmation that they have been received. Both are the updated application for 2006 and applications are being readily accepted. There is nothing wrong with getting a head start on these schools that make their apps available - that way you will be freed up when the July rush comes in! Good luck.

Is it frowned upon by the school to submit (a.k.a. presume you will be offered a secondary) without actually being invited to?

Schools that have their application publicly available and invite submissions expect submissions from everyone. Those are not schools that screen. But if you search around for a link and find a hidden link that a school uses for a secondary before they invite you to fill it out, I would think that would be frowned upon.

I dont know any of this straight from the horse's mouth, but it is just my sense...

boathouse34 said:
Yes, I have sent in both Hopkins and Columbia and gotten confirmation that they have been received.......

wait so the people at AMCAS was lying to me when they said nothing will be available to the medschool until the 15th?

Dr. Hopeless:
AMCAS wasn't lying. They will be sending the initial round of primaries on or about July 15, even though on your application web page it probably says "Application verified, released to designated medical schools." There is an intentional gap period of a few weeks to allow medical schools to update their information for the next matriculation year. So while many schools will contact you via email (usually) and alert you when you may submit supplemental application, there are a few schools who have posted the 2006 secondaries now, which can be submitted. But although you can submit a supplemental application, LORs, etc. now and it will be received by the school, your entire file will not be reviewed until AMCAS materials have been received. Think of it as a way for you to do your part before AMCAS does theirs. Hope that helps.