Anybody still haven't heard from schools yet for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pride4jc727

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that have completed all their applications and have heard nothing in regards to interview invitations. However, the only thing you have in regards to applications are only rejections.

For me, I have applied but at this point I have two interview holds and three rejections.

Anybody else in this boat? Feel free to comment.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not quite sure if I understand or not, but I had one pre-interview hold that I got an interview at recently. I have a bunch of schools that are mum completely. Most of them I withdrew from because of being accepted at Case.

3 pre-interview holds and 1 rejection.. waiting on 12 more schools

Members don't see this ad :)
No news from the 13 schools I'm complete at :(

dont worry....things will eventually work out....i didnt hear back from some either....but when i did call to enquire a school that i applied to, they said they still havent gone through half their interviewing process.....so basically wait and u'll hear something. If its really bothering u i suggest call them up and ask....even if ur applcn is under review u feel satisfied that u called to know about it.
I'm in the same boat btw...

dont worry....things will eventually work out....i didnt hear back from some either....but when i did call to enquire a school that i applied to, they said they still havent gone through half their interviewing process.....so basically wait and u'll hear something. If its really bothering u i suggest call them up and ask....even if ur applcn is under review u feel satisfied that u called to know about it.
I'm in the same boat btw...

hey lola which school told you they are only halfway through their interview process. did they mean they'd sent out half of invites or are they done with half the actual interviews. you can pm me if you don't want to publically mention the school. thanks and good luck

LizzyM says JAN 21 = TIME TO PANIC. so hopefully you'll hear good news before then. sit tight.

Last edited:
i have yet to hear from Emory about any interview scheduling, but I know their season goes through February. Just holding tight.
-durty

I am not quite sure if I understand or not, but I had one pre-interview hold that I got an interview at recently. I have a bunch of schools that are mum completely. Most of them I withdrew from because of being accepted at Case.

Ppl actually get off pre-interview holds? Was there anything in particular that you did to get off and what school it was? Thx

Ppl actually get off pre-interview holds? Was there anything in particular that you did to get off and what school it was? Thx

Yea! I know of someone who was pre interview hold, wrote a LOI, was offered an interview, and is now accepted. I dunno how often that happens, but youve gotta think that at least some people get pulled off hold, or else why not just flat out reject everyone who is not granted right away.

I've heard from about 13/23 so far.

U of Maryland gave me a pre-interview hold yesterday. I'm considering writing them a letter, but I have no idea what to say.

Besides what I've seen on the Wire, I know exactly nothing about Baltimore, Maryland.

Members don't see this ad :)
U of Maryland gave me a pre-interview hold yesterday. I'm considering writing them a letter, but I have no idea what to say.

Besides what I've seen on the Wire, I know exactly nothing about Baltimore, Maryland.

Well why do you wanna go to their school? If you cant asnwer it, maybe its not such a bad thing that they put you on hold and you can just let them go.

Because they might accept me? Why do you apply to any school? :laugh:

Because they might accept me? Why do you apply to any school? :laugh:

haha, true. You're gonna have to come up something more convincing than that tho, even if its BS!

Only if I get an interview! At that point, I'll go through the website finding some point they're particularly proud of (which 98% of other medical schools also offer) and harp on it the day of. :p

Sorry. You seem like a really idealistic guy, and my cynical ass is probably bringing you down. :laugh:

Still no news from my 13 schools. I'm going insaneeeeeeeeeeeee :bang:

My approach has always been to update the school on my progress rather than write a letter specifically explaining exactly why you want to go there (unless your reason is exceptionally strong). What have you been doing since you submitted your AMCAS that you are particularly proud of? Do you have any notable updates?

I've been keeping at my activities and making sure that I have something to update. It should be significant though if you want it to have impact, IMHO.
For instance, I have a new student organization I'm helping to coordinate that's breaking new ground in Canada in the particular area we are focusing on. We're doing something that hasn't been done in this country before.
Hopefully next semester I'll have a PNAS publication in the pipeline (and maybe a second one somewhere else).
There are a few other significant things I can write about as well.

The way I approach it, is that I don't give away all my chickens in one go. I'd write one letter focusing specifically on the first update, then at a later date (month or so) I'd write a second letter covering specifically the second topic, and then another for the third etc.

I think this is more effective because it gives each of your letters a specific focus (so they can be more concise), and it also helps to keep you in the radar since you've spread out your updates over a longer period of time. Lastly, it better emphasizes how much you've done since you've written about a few completely separate activities in completely separate letters. If you want to throw an LOI into the mix of LOUs I suppose that might not be a bad thing, but I think that updating with significant info is the most important thing IMHO.

Only if I get an interview! At that point, I'll go through the website finding some point they're particularly proud of (which 98% of other medical schools also offer) and harp on it the day of. :p

Sorry. You seem like a really idealistic guy, and my cynical ass is probably bringing you down. :laugh:

Cant nobody break my stride
Cant nobody hold me down
Oh no
I got to keep on movin

Thx for the info, Im probably goin to write LOIs to the schools I got preholds at. I just feel like I am the king of preinterview holds.

I looked at your MD apps profile. You look like a top-notch candidate :thumbup:. Best of luck to you - I hope your situation improves. If you don't get an admission, I'll be very discourage about my own prospects...:scared:

Thx, but I wouldnt use my app as a comparision. I think a combination of being a reapplicant, working on Wall Street rather than doing the typical medical school applicant activites such as research and volunteering abroad, and applying late are probably hurting me. If you have done any kind of academia based research or volunteered abroad, your prospects are probably better than mine :)

Last edited:
I finished most of my secondaries in mid-october and so far, I've only heard negatives. I'm a Canadian, I applied to about 14 schools. Rejected outright from Boston/Vanderbilt/Case Western/Georgetown. Put on the "pre-interview hold" for UPenn/SUNY Upstate/Penn State/Maryland. Haven't heard from the rest. 3.97 GPA, 33R.

i havent heard from 6 schools and most of them i was complete by mid-August.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that have completed all their applications and have heard nothing in regards to interview invitations. However, the only thing you have in regards to applications are only rejections.

For me, I have applied but at this point I have two interview holds and three rejections.

If your stats don't warrant you an interview at those schools, I have lost all hope for the aamc and medicine.:thumbdown:

If your stats don't warrant you an interview at those schools, I have lost all hope for the aamc and medicine.:thumbdown:

Well, just to update I had one interview at an osteopathic med school and I was accepted on Friday. It's UMDNJ-School of Osteopathic Medicine. So I will at least be going to medical school next year. Don't get me wrong; an acceptance is an acceptance and I am very happy.. Now, if only those MD schools could give me the same kind of consideration...

1 interview (at my current undergrad institution) - put on hold post-interview.

3 rejections (Mayo, Brown, Case - not really too disappointed - pretty good schools)

awaiting ANY response from 12 schools. I'm starting to oscillate between despair and hope.

I'm not exactly sure what a pre-interview hold is - but I think that's what I've got at Drexel (because it says on status - a decision about your application has been deferred until a later time...)

I'm waiting to hear from:
Drexel
Wake Forest
Northwestern
UCF, USF, FIU, U of Miami
Tufts
Tulane (btw - I need to call these people - never got a notice of being complete)
Albany
Albert Einstein
Mt.Sinai

I've completely lost hope for Mt.Sinai, AE, Albany, Tufts, Northwestern and Wake Forest, and Tulane (all out of state). I'm just desperate for interviews from my state schools (all FL schools). It really sucks man, I totally feel you.

still haven't heard anything from 10 schools and have 2 pre-interview holds. My stats are good, so i don't know what it is and I've been complete since aug-oct

Tulane (btw - I need to call these people - never got a notice of being complete)

They do not send you anything for being complete. They have a number to call for status checks.