anybody still waiting on NYU letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does NYU have secondary application? I dont remember filling one out but i do remember sending them money :rolleyes: AADSAS status for NYU is blank so I am confused what is going on. NYU has never contacted me only in early june to when i applied...after that nothing!!!

I don't think they have secondary applications.

by the way, i am still waiting for my letter grrrrrrrr......
I had my interview in september, why does it take so long????

Members don't see this ad.

does NYU have secondary application? I dont remember filling one out but i do remember sending them money :rolleyes: AADSAS status for NYU is blank so I am confused what is going on. NYU has never contacted me only in early june to when i applied...after that nothing!!!

I remember you had to send them a picture of yourself. Did you do that? Maybe that's whats holding back your application...

I remember you had to send them a picture of yourself. Did you do that? Maybe that's whats holding back your application...
yea i did that in early June with my application fee. I called them in october if my file is complete and they said yes....they would have mentioned it if I was missing something right? I think I am going to call all the schools that I applied to again as soon as I am done with my finals.

Members don't see this ad :)
no reply is better than a reply

just got REJECTED TODAY

stats: 3.4 science 3.5 overall, 18/19/21 DAT
lots of volunteer/job shadowing. work in dental office. sucky.

Did you get rejected by email or letter? Had you already interviewed?

no reply is better than a reply

just got REJECTED TODAY

stats: 3.4 science 3.5 overall, 18/19/21 DAT
lots of volunteer/job shadowing. work in dental office. sucky.
damn you have better stats than me... i think i will get 1 soon too :(

Damn... waitlisted :( This really sucks!

Wow... I'm sort of surprised you got waitlisted. Your DAT scores are great. :thumbup:
I'm sure you'll get off the waitlist though. :)

Finally got my "small" letter today. Wait-listed :laugh: Kind of good because I expect to get in at some point and now I don't have to make a decision and a huge deposit.

Wow... I'm sort of surprised you got waitlisted. Your DAT scores are great. :thumbup:
I'm sure you'll get off the waitlist though. :)

Thanks. I was surprised too... not that I think that my stats are stellar or anything, but I thought I had a good chance.

rejected yesterday live in michigan

Sorry everyone but i NEED TO VENT!!! I have been waiting by my mailbox for the entire week and still NO mail from NYU. I called them and they confirmed that it was sent out last friday (interviewed mid nov). Is there anyone out there thats still waiting for their mail? Im in colorado btw.

Everyone that got the rejection letter, i'm sorry, but did you interview? I never did get an interview with them, and I'm afriad i'm going to get a letter soon. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have not received mine :( I am in San Diego.

Everyone that got the rejection letter, i'm sorry, but did you interview? I never did get an interview with them, and I'm afriad i'm going to get a letter soon. :scared:
I havnt interviewed either and I am worried about the same thing as well :(

No letter from NYU as of Sat, live in GA, interviewed early Nov

yea i just got mine yesterday, and i got rejected...

gpa 3.0/sci 3.2/dat 19/19/21

I interviewed in sept. and I am still waiting. They said it was in the mail when I called and that if it still hadn't come by today(monday 10th) to call and they would email me my decision....its hard to email a big letter and easy to email a rejection or waitlist so I pretty much already know whats going to happen.:(

They don't really have a secondary. If you got to an interview, they will hand you a "secondary" which is just an update form for your file.

I interviewed in sept. and I am still waiting. They said it was in the mail when I called and that if it still hadn't come by today(monday 10th) to call and they would email me my decision....its hard to email a big letter and easy to email a rejection or waitlist so I pretty much already know whats going to happen.:(

Coldfish, dont be so discouraged and expect the worst. Im sure you'll be fine so just keep your head up. I have yet to recieve any mail as of today. I called the school and they told me that some were sent out on friday, nov 30th and some were sent out last week. just wait it out.

I interviewed Dec 6th and got my acceptance today, I live in CA

Coldfish/anyone recieved the post interview status from NYU through email yet? I called them this morning and they told me that they would email it to me today but I have not gotten anything from them yet. NO mail or email. this is stressing me out.

Coldfish, dont be so discouraged and expect the worst. Im sure you'll be fine so just keep your head up. I have yet to recieve any mail as of today. I called the school and they told me that some were sent out on friday, nov 30th and some were sent out last week. just wait it out.

I have the same problem with you guys.
I was interviewed in September and still haven't got anything.
Of course they said that they sent me the mail on Nov 30.
I am too scared to call them and ask about my status.
I guess I'll just wait it out...:(

i just recieved the email from NYUCD. unfortunately, im WAITLISTED. this sucks!!

GPA 3.3
Sci GPA 3.1
AA/TS/PAT 20/21/22

I received a letter WAITLISTED also,,,,,
sucks..
gpA 3.58 sci 3.48
21/20/22:mad:

I received a letter WAITLISTED also,,,,,
sucks..
gpA 3.58 sci 3.48
21/20/22:mad:

jjworld, still no acceptances? You have great stats... wonder what's going on???

Nope, I got waitlisted....hm

I got the email yesterday aftrenoon. Waitlisted also. Too bad, i don't know how active the waitlist will be since they are still interviewing and accepting people post dec 1st. Good luck:oops:

does everyone think NYU got harder to get into this year?

Email..? I thought they only sent out USPS mail.[/quot

They do send it through USPS but since i did not recieve any post interview decision letter yet (sent on Dec 1st), they were okay with sending me the same letter through email. If you havent recieved it yet, the adcom will gladly send it to you through email. just give them a call

ah i see. thanks, Phamdh23!

does everyone think NYU got harder to get into this year?

they sure are making themselves look worthy by attracting stellar applicants.
unfortunately for them, most sutudents with 23 DAT and 3.7 GPA's who got accepted by NYU are going elsewhere
thats why they say if u got on there waitlist ur guaranteed a spot
best to you

I wonder if there is anyone who had the interview and got rejected from NYU..at this point

I wonder if there is anyone who had the interview and got rejected from NYU..at this point

As of December 10th, 600+ were interviewed and 400+ invites were sent out. Those numbers came from Eugenia during the interview. Good luck to you all.

wow that's a lot already, i hope there's more interview to come though!

As of December 10th, 600+ were interviewed and 400+ invites were sent out. Those numbers came from Eugenia during the interview. Good luck to you all.

thats alot of invites

I'm in Vancouver and I just got my acceptance letter; it had the wrong address and UPS had to call me. I emailed the admissions office and they were really nice, they even called me to double check everything. So don't worry, I don't think they will be mean if you contact them about your status :)

Those numbers seem awfully high. Why would they overfill the class. What I remember Eugenia saying was that they don't completely fill the class by Dec, to give late applicants a chance.

Hey. Got my snail mail acceptance letter yesterday. Don't worry though guys/girls. I'm hoping for an acceptance elsewhere cuz I'm not sure I can afford to live there. If I do my spot will be open for someone else.

Those numbers seem awfully high. Why would they overfill the class. What I remember Eugenia saying was that they don't completely fill the class by Dec, to give late applicants a chance.
Read up on NYU's previous years number of invites sent out. Traditionally a large number of the first round invitee's do not accept and end up going elsewhere.

I just got the waitlist letter from NYU.

Have you heard anything from NYU regarding your waitlist status? I got my waitlist letter today. I had my interview last Monday. =(