Anybody still waiting on Stony Brook???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been about 15 weeks since my interview and by now, I'm assuming I'm being waitlisted but seriously, I have not heard a peep out of them since my interview. Anyone else waiting to hear from them or anyone hear from them recently? Anything- rejection, acceptance or waitlist??

Members don't see this ad.

I know TweetiePie was going to go to UB but got into SB and will be attending there. I'm still on the waitlist.

AK

15 Weeks and nothing!?!?!? Why haven't you followed up?? Give them a call and tell them you have not heard anything since your interview. Ask them what your status is. GOOD LUCK!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get into a school? What other schools are you waiting on?

AK

Is this the same Adam that sent the message to the UB mail list?

I'm headed to UB for now, too. I just wish I knew what was going on with the Stony Brook thing though, it's so cruel to keep someone waiting so long. I wouldn't even mind getting a waitlist letter. At least then I can resign myself to waiting until the end of the summer. But now, I'm just waiting, thinking any day now, I could hear some knews. It's driving me crazy.

Anyone else hear recently from Stony Brook?

Same Adam. The one and only DocAdamK. Are you going to wait till the last days before SB starts oreintation. But you want to go to SB over UB right?
Usually SB is pretty organized. That Sec. at SB is fantastic. What a nice lady.

Good Luck

AK

i interviewed way back on 04/09 and got in 06/19, so dont give up! make sure to call em. i was calling the office every week, they must have gotten sick of my voice :wink:

p.s. i did write them a letter of intent

hope this clears up the confusion:
<a href="http://www.stonybrooksucks.com/" target="_blank">web page</a> :)

That is a really funny web page! LOL

Who hosts it, SB students

AK

I've called them every week for the past month and all I keep getting is, "you'll be informed of the decision as soon as it's made." Huh???!! Why state the obvious? I want to know WHEN they're going to make the decision. I'm just stressing, I really do want to go there, though. I did write them a letter of intent as well. But so far, I'm not sure if it helped.

THey haven't made a decision ever since my interview back in late Dec. I've called several times and each time they just say that no decision has been made.. blah blah blah. How long does it take to make a decision!!!