Anybody studying in Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtech

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm new here :). Just wanted to say hello! Is anyone else here studying pharmacy at a Canadian University? It seems that this forum is primarily dominated by American students. I go to the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to get into ubc pharm next year. :D

Hello! I'm in UBC Pharm going into 2nd year.

You're not alone here! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
mtech said:
Hey everybody, I'm new here :). Just wanted to say hello! Is anyone else here studying pharmacy at a Canadian University? It seems that this forum is primarily dominated by American students. I go to the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.

That's b/c the site is ran from America.

"ATTN: Lee Burnett
Executive Director, SDN
Coastal Research Group
26922 Oso Parkway #380
Mission Viejo, CA 92691"

JD_USD said:
That's b/c the site is ran from America.

"ATTN: Lee Burnett
Executive Director, SDN
Coastal Research Group
26922 Oso Parkway #380
Mission Viejo, CA 92691"

Well yes, but this site is as readily available to any other country as it is to the US. In addition, I was never questioning why there were mostly Americans on this board, I was simply stating an observation. Anyways, was just wondering if there were any other Canadians here.

To those of you going to UBC, how do you like it so far? What do you think of the school and the program?

mtech said:

mtech said:
Well yes, but this site is as readily available to any other country as it is to the US. In addition, I was never questioning why there were mostly Americans on this board; I was simply stating an observation. Anyways, was just wondering if there were any other Canadians here.

Your first post just made me think you might not have known. I was only trying to point out that the reason "It seems that this forum is primarily dominated by American students." was because it's based in America. I genuinely thought you may not have known due to the fact that when I try to search through the web there are numerous sites from Canada but not America (i.e.-searching about pharmacology). I'm sorry you misconstrued it for (what I'm interpreting back as) being a jerk. :)

JD_USD said:
Your first post just made me think you might not have known. I was only trying to point out that the reason "It seems that this forum is primarily dominated by American students." was because it's based in America. I genuinely thought you may not have known due to the fact that when I try to search through the web there are numerous sites from Canada but not America (i.e.-searching about pharmacology). I'm sorry you misconstrued it for (what I'm interpreting back as) being a jerk. :)

:) No worries. Yeah, I did initially interpret your post as being a shot at my intelligence, which is why I got a bit defensive there. Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers.

mtech said:
:) No worries. Yeah, I did initially interpret your post as being a shot at my intelligence, which is why I got a bit defensive there. Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers.

This is way off topic, but I love the "Cheers"! My research advisor did her postdoc at UBC and always signs her e-mails "Cheers". Canadians are awesome! :D

JD_USD said:
This is way off topic, but I love the "Cheers"! My research advisor did her postdoc at UBC and always signs her e-mails "Cheers". Canadians are awesome! :D

:laugh: Interesting, I've never really thought twice about that. That's cool though, never heard someone make that correlation. :)

mtech said:

Hey I think there is an international forum too you could check out, welcome to the board!

:)

I visited Vancouver this year, it was an amazing place. You must love it there. The food and views alone justified being there! :)

Oneday_9 said:
I visited Vancouver this year, it was an amazing place. You must love it there. The food and views alone justified being there! :)
:D Yeah, Vancouver is a great place to live. It has a little bit of everything really. Having been born and raised here, I feel very fortunate to be doing the pharmacy program here and not elsewhere.