Anybody take the exam on Friday Dec 19th??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasmo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to how ppl thought the exam was..?? Were there a lot of repeated q's? Cause I didn't really feel that.. :s Hope I'm not wrong.. Anyways! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Well i gave my exam on 20th of dec and honestly i did not see any repeats infact the questions were very conclusion based, not a lot of direct questions as in which bacteria causes this...or something like that. My questions had a lot of.....what will happen to the person if so and so goes wrong and it was'nt even like directly related to disease but like secondary effects of the disease. i found it very tough.
What about yours?

Well i gave my exam on 20th of dec and honestly i did not see any repeats infact the questions were very conclusion based, not a lot of direct questions as in which bacteria causes this...or something like that. My questions had a lot of.....what will happen to the person if so and so goes wrong and it was'nt even like directly related to disease but like secondary effects of the disease. i found it very tough.
What about yours?

hey dentistjpr...

u mean u didnt hve any repeats frm past exams?
were ur testlets diff..
my exam is in 5 days..n i m getting really tensed..whr should i concentrate more..
plz advice..
thanx.

well, i did not really see any repeats but that does not mean you should not do the papers. Each paper is different but i would say read your theory well. It is important that you understand the concept well for eg...the oxygen dissociation curve, The decks explain few reason of the curve shifting to right or left now the question in exam might be more on the level where you have to connect the given scenario of the question to the those reasons that affect the curve. Say increase in pH affects the curve, so how would kidney failure or diabetes mellitus affect the oxygen dissociation. TMJ very imp...muscles of larynx, pharynx and mastication...origin,insertion, nerve artery vein everything. LEARN THE ANATOMY OF EVERY TOOTH WELL ATLEAST WHAT SEPERATES THEM FROM THE REST and the anomalies like which tooth mightbe absent most often, might have 2 roots, primary tooth that is most rone to be impacted.

I found this presentation very useful for DA.
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/Resources/Courseware/NBDE1Review/dentanat/dentanat.pdf

i FOUND IT ONLINE....

Hope this helps.

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
hey dentistjpr...

u mean u didnt hve any repeats frm past exams?
were ur testlets diff..
my exam is in 5 days..n i m getting really tensed..whr should i concentrate more..
plz advice..
thanx.

go over the pathology very well, Alzheimer's, HIV, diabetes, diff procedures for patients with compromised med conditions...

make sure you know your tmj I had a lot of qs about it

I couldn't agree with you guys more.. Most of it was conclusion based which confused me honestly as to which answer would be considered 'more correct'.... I mean out of 5 answers, I'd be able to narrow it down to 2 (most of them at least) and just hope the one I choose was the correct one... Anyways! Sorry for the late reply.. travelling, jet lag, and no internet sucks.. heh.. good luck guys on your exams and scores!! Wish you all the best :)

I just took the test on Monday and I have to say the same. They really didn't ask direct questions that you could have memorized.

Do you guys know if it is true that people that are taking the test in 2008 are getting lower scores? Why? Is it more difficult or it is about the conversion of the raw score. If somebody knows, please let me know!

thank you
this site is really very helpful.if u get sites in other topics also plzzz post it, thank u once again.

well, i did not really see any repeats but that does not mean you should not do the papers. Each paper is different but i would say read your theory well. It is important that you understand the concept well for eg...the oxygen dissociation curve, The decks explain few reason of the curve shifting to right or left now the question in exam might be more on the level where you have to connect the given scenario of the question to the those reasons that affect the curve. Say increase in pH affects the curve, so how would kidney failure or diabetes mellitus affect the oxygen dissociation. TMJ very imp...muscles of larynx, pharynx and mastication...origin,insertion, nerve artery vein everything. LEARN THE ANATOMY OF EVERY TOOTH WELL ATLEAST WHAT SEPERATES THEM FROM THE REST and the anomalies like which tooth mightbe absent most often, might have 2 roots, primary tooth that is most rone to be impacted.

I found this presentation very useful for DA.
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/Resources/Courseware/NBDE1Review/dentanat/dentanat.pdf

i FOUND IT ONLINE....

Hope this helps.

good luck

Hey, did any of you 12/19 test takers get your scores yet? I'm still waiting...