Anybody with 0 acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No MD acceptances so far at all. 1 interview, 1 hold, 2 rejections and 7 no-word-yets.

Members don't see this ad.

check and check.
but i'm keeping my head up. and i know so many people who had no acceptances until april (or june, or july) that i don't even need a neck brace to do so yet.

Keep your heads up!!! I hope you all get in to your respectable schools! :thumbup:

That's all i want for Christmas...who am i kidding i dont celebrate Christmas...but get me it anyways :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
0 acceptances........but got my first interview coming up soon

acceptances? lol like other ppl here i haven't even gotten an interview yet.

I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection. :smuggrin:

You officially made my day with that:thumbup:

I had 5 interviews and have no acceptances. So, at around $300 an interview (not counting the money lost by not working), I feel pretty sick right about now.

2nd time applying. So far, only 1 interview out of 25 schools. I applied last cycle as well and probably spent $4500 in total. I wanna know if these fees are tax deductible?

No acceptance. But no rejections yet either (well...except for those 2 waitlists that are more or less the same as rejections) so I'm definitely not complaining.

Here's to hoping the new year beings good news to all of us :) Happy holidays!

One interview 10/10 and no word. Next (and last) interview 12/11. Looks like it's going to be a stressful Christmas season this year!

2nd time applying. So far, only 1 interview out of 25 schools. I applied last cycle as well and probably spent $4500 in total. I wanna know if these fees are tax deductible?

no they are not tax deductible.

2 interviews coming up. Just got done with all my secondaries two weeks ago. No rejections yet.

That would be nice if they were.

I'm joining the party, hopefully it will change for all of us soon. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's monday, and I'm ready to accept some acceptances! I'm thinking of going to the mall and asking santa...hopefully he'll look past the fact that I stopped writting him letters a long time ago :p

Me too...

i have 3 interviews coming up soon so here's hoping...good luck all.

I'm in the same boat...just got rejected from the only interview I had...still waiting for 13 schools...good luck...just hang in there

You guys think that's bad, I've got 0 acceptances and this is my third year of trying. (I've got an interview so at least that's something.)

It's ok, man. This is round three for me, too. :) Two more interviews to go!!! (unless some other schools would like to contribute to my interview list and want to accept me. please please please???)

It's ok, man. This is round three for me, too. :) Two more interviews to go!!! (unless some other schools would like to contribute to my interview list and want to accept me. please please please???)

Well heck if we're keeping score, this is round 4 for me. Rounds 1-3 were 10 years ago. Neener, neener, neener, I'm a bigger loser than you. HAHA. :)

TM

None, nil, null, zero, nada, absolutely nothing yet. :mad:

I have a feeling this is going to be my new favorite thread. 22 apps: 10 rejections, 10 haven't heard since August, 2 interviews --> waitlists.

I'm doing a post-college internship that runs up this summer... any ideas on what I should do next? Waiting around til August to find out if I'm going to med school or not seems like a bad option.

i'm a part of this list now too:(..the sad part is, all your stats are amaaazing..it's really weird how u guys didnt get in anywhere!! --ofcourse judging from those who have their stats on mdapps

i'm a part of this list now too:(..the sad part is, all your stats are amaaazing..it's really weird how u guys didnt get in anywhere!! --ofcourse judging from those who have their stats on mdapps
It's still early :) We have time!!

No interviews until end of January...

Per signum crucis de inimicis nostris libera nos, Deus noster. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen

Santa, I have been a really good girl. Please please PLEASE! Give me an acceptance for X'mas! *big smile*

Santa, I have been a really good girl. Please please PLEASE! Give me an acceptance for X'mas! *big smile*

Hanukkah Harry, I've been pretty good, too...^What she said minus the Xmas part (since Hanukkah comes earlier):D

Anybody else in the mood for a primal scream moment? Despite my friends consoling me with the "don't worry, you'll get in somewhere" line, I'm still going a little off kilter. I know, it's not even December yet, I'm a huge brat. :) Still, I think it's a little cruel to make us feel obligated to be complete by September/October, and then keep us waiting until March before we find out if we're in. If we can write up our life story in a month or so, they should be able to judge it in the same amount of time right? Sigh...

I think if I were on the adcom of a school, I'd totally wrap invitations up like a present for the month of december and then mail them out. :)

:biglove:I'll join the fun. :biglove:

I have no acceptances. Not one. Not even a smidgen of one. But I'm still partying like a rockstar...

WOOHOO!!!!:banana:

I'll join the 0 acceptances crowd.

I applied to 13 schools; so far, 2 rejections, 3 interviews done, and 3 more interviews scheduled.

I don't expect to hear anything from the schools I interviewed at until January...

Still, I think it's a little cruel to make us feel obligated to be complete by September/October, and then keep us waiting until March before we find out if we're in. If we can write up our life story in a month or so, they should be able to judge it in the same amount of time right? Sigh..I think if I were on the adcom of a school, I'd totally wrap invitations up like a present for the month of december and then mail them out. :)

i agree. this whole process is grueling. i like the "match" process for residency. everybody finds out on the same day. that seems a bit more humane than this pre-med admissions marathon.

no acceptances yet, no interviews, only 1 pre-secondary rejection...

really freaking out... i thought 31 was good...

Aw...wow, 31! What a trooper! Hope you hear some good news sooon!

I want an acceptance so bad! I'm just about ready to give Stewart Med a call so I can tell my family that I’m not a failure!

Anybody else in the mood for a primal scream moment? Despite my friends consoling me with the "don't worry, you'll get in somewhere" line, I'm still going a little off kilter. I know, it's not even December yet, I'm a huge brat. :) Still, I think it's a little cruel to make us feel obligated to be complete by September/October, and then keep us waiting until March before we find out if we're in. If we can write up our life story in a month or so, they should be able to judge it in the same amount of time right? Sigh...

I think if I were on the adcom of a school, I'd totally wrap invitations up like a present for the month of december and then mail them out. :)

Trust me, you will get in. Especially with all those interviews from top tier schools. The only weak thing I see with your application is maybe you didnt apply to enough backup schools, but even then, with your stats and the number of interviews you got, I guarantee that you will be get in.

Trust me, you will get in. Especially with all those interviews from top tier schools. The only weak thing I see with your application is maybe you didnt apply to enough backup schools, but even then, with your stats and the number of interviews you got, I guarantee that you will be get in.

I really do appreciate the positive encouragement! Yeah, I was worried about the back up school thing, but I only have one state school :( And I couldn't think of many "back up schools". Sigh, it's one thing to know you probably have a (good)% chance of getting in, and another to have an acceptance on your fridge door you know? But yeah, despair has not consumed me yet! Just feeling a little antsy from the waiting and waiting and waiting. :)

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that at least some schools have already sent out their first full class of acceptances. By the end of the process, they will have done this 3 and 4 times over in order to fill the class. But the big lag that we are all experiencing at the moment is because people who are holding multiple acceptances are biding their time (weighing options? mulling it over?). So, a school cannot rightly offer more acceptances than they have spots for at any one time.

I guess eventually there will be a big shake up when people finally make decisions. I suppose for med schools this is the most difficult time--how to select potential students for interview who may actually decide to come to their school, not just the wish list of top MCAT scorers.

So, please, people. If you know you don't want to go to a certain school but hold an acceptance there, send that "thanks, but no thanks" letter sooner rather than later. It's the humane thing to do.

Haha agreed! Although, we are the "no acceptances yet" folk, so you're probably preaching to the choir :)

Haha agreed! Although, we are the "no acceptances yet" folk, so you're probably preaching to the choir :)

I'm going on the broad assumption that people with multiple acceptances may be curious to see what the 0 acceptance people are saying...you know, curious about how the other half lives...

Though I suppose a thread titled "I HAVE MORE ACCEPTANCES THAN YOU DO!" would also pique some competitive interest. ;)

Haha, true. I bet there will be a flurry of withdrawals come March...but hopefully we don't have to wait that long to get some good news!

Update: just got post-secondary rejection from BU :(

Add me to the list. 1 interview down, 1 to go out of 14 :(