anybody with 88 score n still waiting for iv call from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
who else is waiting for iv call from NYU with score of 88 or more

Members don't see this ad.

a frnd of mine got a call wit 83...i hav 87 n stil waitin

Members don't see this ad :)
Its not everything about scores..GPA, TOEFL, your experience, who has written the LOR's and how is the quality of letters..what have you written in the essay.. what are you personal experiences and how they have shaped you to be the person you are..your past academic record, what kind of work you have done till now..etc etc..

You have wonderful scores, dental school admissions are more than numbers..Hope you have worked well on other parts of your application as well.

Good luck :)

Its not everything about scores..GPA, TOEFL, your experience, who has written the LOR's and how is the quality of letters..what have you written in the essay.. what are you personal experiences and how they have shaped you to be the person you are..your past academic record, what kind of work you have done till now..etc etc..

You have wonderful scores, dental school admissions are more than numbers..Hope you have worked well on other parts of your application as well.

Good luck :)

well apart frm 87...gpa of 3.78..toefl 106...2 gold medals in BDS...was d topper in BDS in a batch of 100...have 6 mnths of work experienc...no of medals in sports...i don no wat more to give...

well apart frm 87...gpa of 3.78..toefl 106...2 gold medals in BDS...was d topper in BDS in a batch of 100...have 6 mnths of work experienc...no of medals in sports...i don no wat more to give...

when didya complete ur application? I think that matters too..

hiiii appu

myn score is 88, gpa-3.16, toefl-114

applied in august n got application complete email on 5th of november

I am in the same boat too.. I got 90 on boards, toef 109, and gpa 3.89 (or a bit over it... don't really remember). also have the experience back home... hope i get a iv. call..

I am in the same boat too.. I got 90 on boards, toef 109, and gpa 3.89 (or a bit over it... don't really remember). also have the experience back home... hope i get a iv. call..
hiiii bombshell\

wen did u apply??? u hv a good score ..best of luck

man al dis is surprisin..especialy wen my frnd wit 83 got a cal

Last edited:
HI Appu and nyu..you guys have great scores..and you applied early as well..you should be getting call soon.. good luck :)

If you are in US, try to add some experience here, every extra thing helps..

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe because I applied late (mid Dec) I am still waiting for the interview call. Boston called though... Going to meet up with them. Hope it works out. Just keeping the hope alive, I guess.. ;) Good Luck to all of you, guys!

Congrats bombshell. so when's ur interview at BU?

hi everyone,

I am a guy from Romania (NBDE 79) and i had interview, so maybe you are right. However i have some questions: i did this 79 for 1st try after travelling from east europe to test center in USA. How many times u tried to get more points? Also not just points that counts, but style, view of life, appearance and way of thinking. Hope i will see u at NYU in summer ;)

hi everyone,

I am a guy from Romania (NBDE 79) and i had interview, so maybe you are right. However i have some questions: i did this 79 for 1st try after travelling from east europe to test center in USA. How many times u tried to get more points? Also not just points that counts, but style, view of life, appearance and way of thinking. Hope i will see u at NYU in summer ;)

I got 86 in first try..the only try... and travelled from India, way east than eastern Europe, to the USA.
Style, View of life, appearence can be seen only IF they call us for an interview.... which they arn't doing.. even some of the brigtest of indian candidates havn't been called.

I got 86 in first try..the only try... and travelled from India, way east than eastern Europe, to the USA.
Style, View of life, appearence can be seen only IF they call us for an interview.... which they arn't doing.. even some of the brigtest of indian candidates havn't been called.

Congarts... However from India flights are not going to eastern direction to US. The parametres i was given can be represented in CV, statement, recommendation letter and photo, and experience. Brightest of indians have not been called??????????? then why 9\10 canditate is indian at interview? anyway, good luck Bombay

i got the interview for NY!yeah.... :) They are basically asking when i want to have the interview... i am so happy! Good luck from you all...

i got the interview for NY!yeah.... :) They are basically asking when i want to have the interview... i am so happy! Good luck from you all...
hey congrats
wen did u get d interveiw call today?????
n wat r d dates available????

when did u apply and when did u hear from them ?

I am still waiting...I hope to hear from them...Many of my friends with lesser scores and no work exp.. got a call.. I don't know what are they looking at...

hey all,

i`m waitin 4 a call too and it`s really frustratin i tell u.my stats r 88/106/3.47 with 3mnths work ex. in india n so on..i`m not able to kill time now:mad:

hey all,

i`m waitin 4 a call too and it`s really frustratin i teel u.my stats r 88/106/3.47 with 3mnths work ex. in india n so on..i`m not able to kill time now:mad:

but i`m on a tourist visa ,dnt knw if they consider it or not.:scared: