Anyone a student at Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scientist1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to see want the Pitt students experience have been at the school so far? the faculty, students, facilities and overall curriculum?

Members don't see this ad.

i guess no one goes to Pitt.....

I graduated from Pitt last year. I felt that it prepared me well. The other students were really great and the faculty was nice and easy to get along with. I never attended dental school anywhere else, so I wouldn't be able to compare it (don't listen to people who try, unless they went to multiple schools). I think every school has strengths and weaknesses though. Pitt's strengths are it's people. Good instructors and most people will help you out and try to get you through. Every class is different though. My class had a lot of comraderie. Others didn't. Weaknesses overall: patient pool was tough, and you won't get many breaks on graduation requirements. If you get that handful of good patients who need a lot of work, you're all set. Your attitude will get you through hard times, or make them worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks alot, what are you doing now?

Hey, I'm a second year at Pitt Dental. It's a great school. Just like John said, there are strengths and weaknesses to the school just like every other dental school. Every person also has their different likes and dislikes about their particular program. I think that Pitt has a great pre-clinic facility and that the instructors are very accommodating. Every year a committee meets to discuss the course schedules and once in a while classes are tweaked. We also have rotations in the clinics, but we won't have the full experience until this July, so refer to John's comment on clinics and patients. There are many competitive students in my class, but it's still a really great environment despite the stress.

Thanks alot for the reply, can you tell me more about your experience so far at the school in terms of academic and non-academic aspects and living in pittsburgh?

Mexipina Jasmin said:
Hey, I'm a second year at Pitt Dental...
Shouldn't you be studying for your Path exam on Monday??? :D Good luck

johnkimdmd said:
I graduated from Pitt last year...
Hey John, how's life treating you buddy? I heard you're in Iraq?

lnn2 said:
Shouldn't you be studying for your Path exam on Monday??? :D Good luck

Hey John, how's life treating you buddy? I heard you're in Iraq?

I just got back today from the WREBs in Richmond. I think I did well, but I won't know till April 12-15...

I will be in Iraq in the fall (Sept. I think).

How's fourth yr man?

John

anyone else going to U pitt? please share your experience so far.