Anyone accepted Columbia's offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buckyball

Play with my "Buckyballs"
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone accepted Columbia's offer yet and decided to go there in 2002? I've just made my decision to go to Columbia, and would like to talk to someone who may be in my class next year.

Incidentally, anyone from Toronto, Ontario going to Columbia next year?

Thanks,
Buckyball

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Buckyball, I recently decided to go to Columbia next year and sent in my deposit today. I have an interview at UCSF in Jan. So far, Columbia is my first choice, then UCSF if I get in. I have been living in NYC for almost two years after college. This city is almost!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I sent in my acceptance a week ago, I haven't heard from the UC's yet and if I get accepted to SF or LA it will make my decision harder but I'm almost certain I'll be attending Columbia in the fall.

LAGIRL

Hey Guys,

Thanks for responding! So, what made you choose Columbia?

I have to send the deposit in by the 15th of January, so I am still waiting a bit, but it's decided.

Buckyball,

I really liked Columbia because i'm thinking of specializing, it has a great reputation and I love New York.

LAGIRL

Hi LAGIRL!

What are your pros and cons for Columbia, after having interviewed there? I just want someone else's opinion.

Buckyball

Buckyball,

As I mentioned, Columbia's great if you want to specialize and there are a lot of research opportunities. Also, the students were very friendly and helpful as were the few professors I met. The cons are the high costs, Columbia's expensive as is living in NYC. Also the curriculum seems to be more difficult than most other schools since the dental students take science classes with the medical students. I hope this helps, let me know if you want to know something more specific.

LAGIRL

Congrats to everyone for making it in and deciding to come to columbia. I am currently a 1st year here......so chances are, when you guys walked into the dental lab towards the end of your interviews, you probably saw me or I prob saw you.......whatevers.... :D

Good job everyone. See you here next year!

Doggie,

I am always looking for more opinions, especially from someone at Columbia right now. If you could answer some of my questions, thatwould be great.

1). What made you choose Columbia?
2). How are the faculty there (supportive or not)?
3). Do you think they train their students well clinically?
4). How is the housing there?
5). Is it as hard as all the students said it was when I interviewed there?

Any other insights you have would be great!

Buckyball