Divineimpetus

Trucker's Atlas
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
108
0
35
Moon and Antarctica
dana.ucc.nau.edu
Status
Congratulations everyone who has gotten accepted and good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I was wondering if anyone here has been accepted to dental school with a PAT< 17 (non-instate.) I'm trying figure out if my 19AA/20AA/16PAT is sufficient enough to get in dental school the first time around without taking the DAT again.

Thanks
 

PickMe

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
383
0
Status
I had a 17 on my PAT and I got accepted to UPenn and UPitt, so I think you have a pretty good chance, considering your other scores are high, and as long as your GPA is decent.
 

eddiemoe

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
24
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Divineimpetus said:
Congratulations everyone who has gotten accepted and good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I was wondering if anyone here has been accepted to dental school with a PAT< 17 (non-instate.) I'm trying figure out if my 19AA/20AA/16PAT is sufficient enough to get in dental school the first time around without taking the DAT again.

Thanks

Honestly I wouldnt think so. Why not just take it over and score higher?
 
About the Ads

r0entgen

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
427
1
Status
Divineimpetus said:
Congratulations everyone who has gotten accepted and good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I was wondering if anyone here has been accepted to dental school with a PAT< 17 (non-instate.) I'm trying figure out if my 19AA/20AA/16PAT is sufficient enough to get in dental school the first time around without taking the DAT again.

Thanks
I got a 15 on my PAT and got into upenn and utsa. still waiting on columbia and baylor.
 

katdds

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
60
0
39
Houston
Status
Pre-Dental
I got into Houston with a 16 PAT! good luck
 

dentaldiva

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2005
8
0
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
MCG and UConn with a 16 PAT!!!
 

Dr. Parm

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
114
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Let's plug in some dummy numbers here:

15 PAT and..lets say 3.8 GPA.

Schools who lean towards accepting you: UPENN, UPitt, (I am sure there are more but, basically, these are the schools who are willing to overlook your DAT performance in lieu of a more consistent performance in your 3 years of undergrad)

Schools who won't accept you unless they absolutely had to: Columbia, Harvard, (Again, i am sure there are others, but basically here's the scoop. These schools feel that your DAT performance foreshadows how well you will perform on the NBDE part I and II. They do not want to risk accepting a student who has sup-par test-taking skills even though they may be super students at their undergraduate institutions)


Just some theories I am throwing out there.
 

polarnut

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
882
2
Los Angeles
Status
Spelmangyrl said:
14 PAT and accepted to all 5 of the schools that I applied to
thats impressive
 

Kniles5

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2005
178
0
40
SC
Status
Pre-Dental
Spelmangyrl said:
14 PAT and accepted to all 5 of the schools that I applied to
score previous to retake?
Wow, I thought my 13 on the QR would keep me out.... wait.... it still might.....
 

EyeAmCommi

Los Angeles Smog
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
718
0
35
Los Angeles, CA
Status
What percentile is 17 on the PAT?
 

maksidaa

shaniqua
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
346
2
athens. ga
Status
here's my question in this line of thinking...
what science section scores are sufficient? i see lots of people with 20+ in every science section and i'm wondering if i should retake cuz i got 18 in ochem. at first i thought 18 was decent but now i'm beginning to think that it's average to unacceptable
 

Dutchboy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
534
2
Status
Resident [Any Field]
maksidaa said:
here's my question in this line of thinking...
what science section scores are sufficient? i see lots of people with 20+ in every science section and i'm wondering if i should retake cuz i got 18 in ochem. at first i thought 18 was decent but now i'm beginning to think that it's average to unacceptable
I scored like a 20 in O-chem but I had 18 in gen chem. I had a 17 PAT(the screen i took the test on was ancient, those angles were all the same), and are you ready for this..... 14QR :eek: . I scored 18 AA/19TS. It's not the end of the world. Some schools take different sections of the DAT more serious or less serious than others. I thought I would have to take the DAT again but was accepted today. :D Hang in there, a ton of spots will need to be filled after all those 20+ people decide where they are going.
 

maksidaa

shaniqua
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
346
2
athens. ga
Status
Dutchboy said:
I scored like a 20 in O-chem but I had 18 in gen chem. I had a 17 PAT(the screen i took the test on was ancient, those angles were all the same), and are you ready for this..... 14QR :eek: . I scored 18 AA/19TS. It's not the end of the world. Some schools take different sections of the DAT more serious or less serious than others. I thought I would have to take the DAT again but was accepted today. :D Hang in there, a ton of spots will need to be filled after all those 20+ people decide where they are going.
hey, thanks for the encouragement. it's nice to know that i'm not the only one with sub-super-human scores!
 

BallDontLie

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
347
0
NYC
Status
Pre-Dental
EyeAmCommi said:
What percentile is 17 on the PAT?
My 17 was 72.0 percentile...im pretty sure it varies from version to version of the test
 

mitechgrl

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
81
0
38
Kalamazoo, MI
Visit site
Status
maksidaa said:
here's my question in this line of thinking...
what science section scores are sufficient? i see lots of people with 20+ in every science section and i'm wondering if i should retake cuz i got 18 in ochem. at first i thought 18 was decent but now i'm beginning to think that it's average to unacceptable
Don't worry about it!!!! I scored an 18 in O Chem... and you'll never believe it... a 15 in bio ... and i was accepted to 5 schools... i don't know if the schools took the higher of my bio score which was an 18 the first time.. i'm guessing they did... my over all aa was a 20 which seems like the magic number...
 
About the Ads