Anyone accepted to Temple or NYCPM with DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BTW, NYCPM is a lot stricter as far as accepting anyone with DAT's than is TUSPM. By a high DAT u must mean like 23 and above.

Members don't see this ad.

DrRock44, I look at podiatry as a subspecialty of medicine like dentistry is. Why not have an MCAT-like exam for dental school? Is it b/c dentists don't have to be as competent of critical thinkers as MD/DO/Pods? So what do you mean by "equality to MD/DO's"? By that if you mean Dr's who can perscribe meds, perform surgery, diagnose illnesses, and perform H&P's while having an important role status in society and a doctorate, why of course MD's, DO's, Pod's, and Dent's can certainly be considered equal. What would an entrance exam have to do with that?

DrRock44, I look at podiatry as a subspecialty of medicine like dentistry is. Why not have an MCAT-like exam for dental school? Is it b/c dentists don't have to be as competent of critical thinkers as MD/DO/Pods? So what do you mean by "equality to MD/DO's"? By that if you mean Dr's who can perscribe meds, perform surgery, diagnose illnesses, and perform H&P's while having an important role status in society and a doctorate, why of course MD's, DO's, Pod's, and Dent's can certainly be considered equal. What would an entrance exam have to do with that?

Perscribe. el oh el.

I hope nobody takes any of the stuff you post seriously.

Ok, time for me to make my excape.

Members don't see this ad :)
Look Ferocity, if ur trying to humiliate someone, ur in the wrong place. Comment intelligently on my posts or don't comment at all.

Not anymore. Got accepted. And I'm for sure matriculating.

iVTECdailyy I agree. The DAT is not a bad standardized measure for prepods IMO, not just b/c I got accepted with DAT along with many others, but also b/c there are successful students in podiatry school who have taken DAT (and probably GRE as well) as well as unsuccessful students who have taken MCAT for pod. BTW, on my interview at Temple this past Mon., the students we had lunch with said there's not a very good correlation between the MCAT and boards. I didn't think so myself. A good physician with good bedside manners is not made b/c he/she did well on the verbal section on MCAT; it's b/c he/she did well in honest soul searching and developing their sense of human connection thru life's experiences.

Although I agree, a good bedside manner won't pass the boards. You get in with which ever test you ended up taking, wipe the slate clean and do well in podiatry school is the main objective

I should've added more to that previous post. The point was MCAT doesn't correlate with boards well and the verbal section doesn't correlate with how well someone will do as far as bedside manners or communication skills go. Now this is just from my own analysis b/w MCAT and my own bedside manners/communication skills and those of a lot of med prof's.

BTW, NYCPM is a lot stricter as far as accepting anyone with DAT's than is TUSPM. By a high DAT u must mean like 23 and above.

People got in with 19s.

I should've added more to that previous post. The point was MCAT doesn't correlate with boards well and the verbal section doesn't correlate with how well someone will do as far as bedside manners or communication skills go. Now this is just from my own analysis b/w MCAT and my own bedside manners/communication skills and those of a lot of med prof's.

MCAT doesn't correlate with boards because the boards contain information learned in school AFTER the MCATS. This proves that people can do amazing on the MCAT, not so well in podiatry school, and thus fail the boards.

Interviewed this week at temple.

DAT
AA - 20 TS - 22 PAT - 21

We shall see very soon if I join y'all....

Yes .

Temple Entering class in 2014

DAT 20

Excited about this school

I was the last person to be interviewed for the class entering this aug. I was accepted for this year and next and am going with next.

Stoked..