Anyone accepted to U. Colorado lately

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

majikbob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any recent acceptances to university of Colorado. (like in the last month?) Just wondering if they had sent out their acceptances for November yet.

thanks
bob

Members don't see this ad.

majik, I'm still hoping against hope for an in-state interview from CU! They've been one big black hole of non-communication about most EVERYTHING.

I just got back from the interview and they said that only a few people would be notified before March. Yeah. March.

Members don't see this ad :)
ShyRem said:
majik, I'm still hoping against hope for an in-state interview from CU! They've been one big black hole of non-communication about most EVERYTHING.
I can't even talk about this anymore. Shy, just come on out to my house and we will storm those mofo's like it was the Bastille!!

gd, you truly have no idea how tempting that is. I'm sure my husband would help... he's on the swat team and the bomb squad. :D Good thing he's such a really nice guy. cute too. I think I'll keep him another 13 years or so.... :laugh:

ShyRem said:
gd, you truly have no idea how tempting that is. I'm sure my husband would help... he's on the swat team and the bomb squad. :D Good thing he's such a really nice guy. cute too. I think I'll keep him another 13 years or so.... :laugh:
Damn, what kind of super family are you guys operating over there?

gd, you have no idea. mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

One of my professors once said to me "you're different........... in the nicest sort of way". I took it as a complement.

One of my professors once told me I was swimming in a cesspool of mediocrity. I too took it in the best possible way.

Do they even accept people at the end of each month? I thought everyone finds out in march?

It gets better - I guess on one of my LORs, someone wrote I am "a woman of unusual candor". Hmmm... could be good or bad, I s'pose! But the schools I've interviewed at all said I shouldn't lose that particular trait.

Hollaback Girl said:
Do they even accept people at the end of each month? I thought everyone finds out in march?

A select few find out soon after their interview. The vast majority, however, wait in limbo until March.

medicalbound said:
A select few find out soon after their interview. The vast majority, however, wait in limbo until March.

The way I understood it from my interview is that they let a few know at the end of every month, the rest in march.

bob

majikbob said:
The way I understood it from my interview is that they let a few know at the end of every month, the rest in march.

bob

So...... Not to toot my own horn, but I guess I'm one of those "select few", cause I just got an email inviting me to be part of Colorado's class of 2010! I'm still kind of in shock, it's my first acceptance. Anyway, emails went out at 12:01 mountain time today (12/1). Hope some of you will be in the class with me. Still can't believe I'm going to med school.

bob

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted today too! I interviewed 11/4.

Oh congrats to both of you! Awesome! If I don't get in because I don't get an interview you two can rent my house--a beautiful 1920 bungalow 8 blocks from the school.

woah quite a few today

interviewed 11/28/05 ... accepted 12/1/05

Interviewed Monday, accepted today. Sweet. Now I just have to scrape together $88,000 for my first year.

Now Shy, we have to be very happy for these acceptances. We have to look at it as that now they will finally be able to get around to asking us for interviews.

Really, great job you guys. You must have been the creme de la creme!

drhouse said:
Interviewed Monday, accepted today. Sweet. Now I just have to scrape together $88,000 for my first year.

u were there monday too??? :)
which one are u?
and how are u going to scrapre together 88000 (or 50000? i think we can loan 30 something from the fed) ?? I am in the same boat...

I'm the guy from UCLA. My parents said they would co-sign on a loan with me. So I guess thats what I'll be doing if I end up at UC. Which one were you?

drhouse said:
I'm the guy from UCLA. My parents said they would co-sign on a loan with me. So I guess thats what I'll be doing if I end up at UC. Which one were you?

from NC orginially from LA. I think we talked briefly.
congrats :)

I was just looking at the financial aid handout, and I think we can get all $85,000. It says we can't get more than the cost of tuition and a set annual living expense, whether that tuition is in or out-of state.

drhouse said:
I was just looking at the financial aid handout, and I think we can get all $85,000. It says we can't get more than the cost of tuition and a set annual living expense, whether that tuition is in or out-of state.

oh thank goodness

gd, you're right. My first reaction was to wave in the direction of CU... but with only one finger.

Congrats to all accepted! I would :love: :love: to go to my state school CU. gd, here's hoping they get to us "average in-state" folks soon.

Congratulations to all who got accepted early! I interview a week from tomorrow and am hoping beyond hope to have the option to join you in the fall!

medicalbound said:
Congratulations to all who got accepted early! I interview a week from tomorrow and am hoping beyond hope to have the option to join you in the fall!
Medical, you will be intervviewing with the guy from my O Chem Lab! Are you in my O Chem lab?!?!?!?

drhouse said:

If you go over the federal Stafford loan limit (about $39,000), you must get private loans to cover the balance. All the out of staters have massive loans, massive parental help, or massive online gambling habits.

gdbaby said:
Medical, you will be intervviewing with the guy from my O Chem Lab! Are you in my O Chem lab?!?!?!?

Not unless you took it last fall and are still trying to get that last Grignard reaction to start. ;)

medicalbound said:
Not unless you took it last fall and are still trying to get that last Grignard reaction to start. ;)
Look for him. He's short, dirty blonde hair parted to the side and kind of spikes up at the part. He has rimless glasses. Same stats as me. I guess he must just have the "it" factor while I apparently have the "sh-t" factor. You probably saw that coming.

gdbaby said:
Look for him. He's short, dirty blonde hair parted to the side and kind of spikes up at the part. He has rimless glasses. Same stats as me. I guess he must just have the "it" factor while I apparently have the "sh-t" factor. You probably saw that coming.

gdbaby: Sometimes there is a fine line between being the sh-t and being a sh-t. Perhaps someone mistyped this in one of your LORs, which is why you haven’t heard yet from UCHSC. ;)

medicalbound said:
gdbaby: Sometimes there is a fine line between being the sh-t and being a sh-t. Perhaps someone mistyped this in one of your LORs, which is why you haven’t heard yet from UCHSC. ;)
I would love to think it was indeed a typo. Good luck Medbound.

gdbaby said:
I would love to think it was indeed a typo. Good luck Medbound.

Thanks gd. I'll look for your friend at the interview. Congratulations on your Iowa acceptance by the way!

MeowMix said:
If you go over the federal Stafford loan limit (about $39,000), you must get private loans to cover the balance. All the out of staters have massive loans, massive parental help, or massive online gambling habits.

fun.........

Congratulations to those who were accepted. I was wondering if you guys could tell me if you are instate or OOS applicants.
Congrats again!
~Holla

I guess I am not very select, b/c i interviewed there in mid october and have heard nothing yet. I suppose I'll just find out in late march :eek: :eek: :eek: are you kidding me ????

Does anyone know when Colorado sends out rejections? Just wondering if i should leave space under the theme tree this year.

ShyRem said:
Looks like they didn't send any out until March last year.
Well that would be a great birthday present. Gdbaby would not be very happy. That's right, this whole process has gotten so overwhelming thatI am referring to myself in the third person! Me and Bob Dole!

gdbaby said:
Does anyone know when Colorado sends out rejections? Just wondering if i should leave space under the theme tree this year.

I asked Dr. Sondheimer about this when I interviewed, and he said he doesn't send out any rejections until March.

On a plus note for you, he also says that he reads each and every application from Colorado state residents, so hopefully he'll get you an invite soon. ;)

anyone know when the december acceptances are sent out

synquantro said:
anyone know when the december acceptances are sent out

During my interview on Dec. 9, Sean stated that he expected them to be out by/on Dec. 22. I am sick with anticipation! I want this so bad it hurts!

I just received an acceptance from CU! I feel blessed beyond measure! After three post-baccalaureate years of going to school and working 2 jobs with 3 small children, it has finally paid off. Thank you God! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Still waiting for my interview invite. Still. Sean, call me. I can drive over the divide and be there in 3.5 hours. 3 hours if there aren't many cops around and the roads are clear. I would GLADLY drive over there at 4am for an 8am interview... and then drive back that night. I'd even bring coffee. PLEASE send me an interview invite for this waiting in-stater!!!!!!!!

medicalbound said:
I just received an acceptance from CU! I feel blessed beyond measure! After three post-baccalaureate years of going to school and working 2 jobs with 3 small children, it has finally paid off. Thank you God! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Congrats MB!!!!! Shy and I hope to see you there!

Shy, don't waste precious minutes on getting coffee. I will make some Gevalia at my house. You can have the 8 am slot and I will take the 8:30.