Anyone admitted to Oregon State University's COP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VP_Pharm2004

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boy, they are taking forever! Last I checked, they had over 1,200 applicants...thanks to PharmCAS. Last year, there were only 450 applicants. Also, OSU is the only pharmacy college in Oregon! I guess I should be just thankful that I got in an interview.

So, is anyone in the OSU College of Pharmacy class of 2008 yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there at the beg of Feb and they said that they would not send out letters until beg of April!
The wait is killing me too!
I didnt realize that they had that many applicants this year.

When did u interview?

Good Luck!

I interviewed at the end of January.

Yup, it's true, that many people did apply because of PharmCAS. One of my friends called them and he was informed about the size of the applicant pool. Anyways, I think most of the applicants are out of state.

Good Luck to you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did ur interview go?

I thought mine went well but Im worried b/c I havent heard back from them yet. April seems like a long time to wait.

Do u know if they are on rolling admissions?

What part of Oregon are u from?

No. OSU does NOT have rolling admissions. I had my interview umm...on Saturday *^^* And they told me that they wouldn't be sending out letters until the beginning of May.

THAT is a problem. Why? It's a problem because I also interviewed for a school WITH a rolling admissions and should know the result within this or the next week. Therefore, I'll most likely call up OSU and tell them to hurry-it up! *sighs*

My interview went pretty well. :clap: I'm originally from Oregon, but I don't know if I'm ready to stay there again. We'll see...^^;

Originally posted by curious_georgie
No. OSU does NOT have rolling admissions.

You sure about that? Did they just change it this year because I received an acceptance from them last year a month after I interviewed, and by no means were they anywhere close to finishing interviews.

Are you guys serious? We have to wait until May to find out? I guess they want to interview everyone first and create the best Class of 2008 possible.

Hey Monkeyguts,

did u interview in december 2003 or december 2002 for OSU? if in 2002 what school are u going to now? Just curious b/c ur footnote said OHSU 2008.

Thanks! Farmgirl

Interviewed on Feb. 7th, and both the interviewers told me that we should hear around late March/early April.

Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything yet from Oregon State.

How are u guys dealing with the waiting?
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Originally posted by farmgirl44
Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything yet from Oregon State.

How are u guys dealing with the waiting?
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey farmgirl44,

Still no news yet! Last I heard, OSU had rejected 600 people (without interviews) so far out of the 1,200 that applied. Because they probably didn't meet the standard GPA or pre-reqs.

I'm not trying to think about it too much. Just trying to get done with finals, this week. I bet OSU wants to look at our winter term grades before they make a final decision. Good luck on your finals!

Hey guys I called OSU yesterday to inquire about my status and they said they will not know until the third week of April!!!!

Which is different from what they told us at my interview. I interviewed on Feb 7 and I was told we would know by the first week of April. And they are on rolling admissions.

Keep ur fingers crossed.

Please don't say that Farmgirl!!! I can't believe that. One more month of the punishment of waiting!?!?

BTW, did you ask them how many students they've admitted so far, if any? I guess some OSU pre-pharmacy students are given preference and direct admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
try waiting till May~ that's when I'll hear back from Univ of WA! at first they said mid-April, but then at the end of the interview they said that most people won't hear back till the second week of May due to the large size of the applicant pool... Arrgh... so i totally understand what you guys are going through!! i hate waiting.....

I just called them and they said that desicions will be sent out in a few weeks ^^

Thanks curious_georgie! I know a person who will interview on this Saturday, so I guess they're still not done with interviews. Also, I think decisions will be mailed in the first week of May.

SO since no one has posted I am assuming no one has heard back yet?

I hope the letter comes soon. I have been checking my mail everyday! Dont know if I can wait until May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is everyone elses situation?

Oregon state is the slowest school I know. Lets just hope its good news for all of us

VP_pharm did the person you know who interviewed this saturday say anything about how many were already admitted and when to expect letters?

thanks
ap

Hey ap97531, the person I know, who interviewed last Saturday, is actually a friend of a friend. I really don't talk to that person much, and it would seem kind of odd asking him that. So, once I know the details from my friend, I'll let you know.

To all the people on here, who got an interview and haven't heard back yet, are you guys all non-OSU pre-pharmacy students? I think OSU might have accepted some of THEIR pre-pharmacy students and left available seats open for people who attend different universities for the pre-pharm program. That's my analysis of it anyways!

Originally posted by VP_Pharm2004
To all the people on here, who got an interview and haven't hear back yet, are you guys all non-OSU pre-pharmacy students? I think OSU might have accepted some of THEIR pre-pharmacy students and left available seats open for people who attend different universities for the pre-pharm program. That's my analysis of it anyways!

Hmm...that makes sense. I'm NOT an OSU student and my interview was near in the end of February. Still, I believe that I should be getting my desicion within the next few weeks. I have to. No choice. They said they would, otherwise they are just full of crap :mad: I only have a small time frame to work with :scared: . Blah.

hello everyone! This is my first post but I've been browsing this pharmacy forum for a while now and I think its great!

I feel for you ppl who haven't heard anything from Oregon State University's COP yet. I haven't receive any news from them yet -no interview invitation or a rejection letter (thank goodness). I've called a few times already and all they can tell me is that they are still doing interviews and will let me know something as soon as possible. Last time I call they said they will be letting everyone know in three weeks.

Does any know if OSU's COP reviews the application in order that they receive them? because I finished the application on the last week of january and pharmcas said they didnt' send it until feb 20th (so that is really late). I hope they are still giving out interview invites. guess i should have applied earlier :(

Hello ChaShuBao,

OSU is still doing interviews and they review applications in the order they arrive. Many of us on here interviewed awhile back and still haven't received any news. If final decisions will be made within 3-4 weeks, then it's likely the final interviews are almost over. Plus, they let people who got interviews know their interview dates 2-3 weeks ahead of time. I think they get more competitive once the final interview dates arrive and only the best are selected. I know someone who interviewed on last Saturday, but they had a very high GPA, 3.80 I think. Don't get discouraged just yet though! There's still hope.

thanks for the info VP_Pharm2004!

I will try and wait it out, even though its very frustrating...well, my gpa is not as high as 3.8 but still competitive (3.65), at least i thought so before...heh

good luck to everyone who applied to be an OSU Beaver! I'll keep my fingers cross.

Bad news you guys, :(

the person who interviewed told my friend that they've still got 3 more interview Saturdays coming. Also, the interviewers told him that decisions will be mailed in the 2nd or 3rd week of May!!!! :mad:

Hey guys just wanted to know whether anyone had heard any news yet. I also wanted to mention that in some earlier posts people were saying that students who graduated from OSU have got acceptance letters already, I think that this may be true b/c I know of a person who graduated from there and has already recieved their letter of acceptance.

So then the question is does anyone know how many seats are still left?

Also just curious about what ppl are planning to do if they dont get accepted this year to OSU, do u guys have back up schools, reapplying etc?

Ok well take care all and lets hang in there!

well i already know of a girl who got accepted and she is not a graduate of OSU, i called osu last week and they said decisions will be made early may....thats it,no other new news.......

Ok guys I'm kind of bummed out b/c if ppl have already started getting acceptance letters than i have a feeling that I didnt get in. I interviewed beggining of Feb and still have no decision. :(

Don't worry farmgirl44, I've talked to curious_georgie and she said that they told her about her acceptance through e-mail, because she also got into another pharmacy school and wanted to make a decision ASAP. Letters haven't been sent out yet, i think. :(

Good luck! I don't know what I'll do if I get rejected, but I'm getting to the point where I don't even care anymore.

Hey guys no posts recently so was just wondering if anyone has heard any news lately?

Its almost MAY!!!! I dont know wether to be excited or bummed.

Hey everyone! I just found out today that I got into OSU College of Pharmacy!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO :)

Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting for the letter.

i just got news yesterday that my friend got on the wait-list at osu, i interviewed in late january and i still haven't heard anything back yet..

Hey guys I got my letter today and...... I got wait listed. I am so upset becuase they dont give a rank so u have no idea what ur chances are going to be.

Does anyone know how active the wait list has been in past years? and how they actually decide who gets in and stuff?

Advice about this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats to all those that got an acceptance letter! Would love to be celebrating with u guys. :(

well i got my letter today and i am accepted! i am very excited since this is the only school i applied to! farmgirl44 i had a friend last year who was on the waitlist and eventually got in that year, also i had a friend from two years ago who was also on the waitlist and also eventually got in as well, so hopefully this trend continues for you! good luck to all!