anyone already feeling overwhelmed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badxmojo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
its the second day of class and it already seems like its hopeless...i think the prob is the schedule is so chaotic.. it doesn't allow for routine..and plus the professors put everything on blackboard so you have to print it out.. but they don't make what to print out clear..if i just knew what to study and when we're being tested on it... ack! btw are all the rest of you guys in class mon-fri 9-5?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by badxmojo
..and plus the professors put everything on blackboard so you have to print it out.. but they don't make what to print out clear..if i just knew what to study and when we're being tested on it... ack! btw are all the rest of you guys in class mon-fri 9-5?

Looks like I'm in class from 9-4 or 8-4 most days. I have orientation starting tomorrow at 8:45.

Blackboard can be ok, it just depends how the profs use it. I had it as an undergrad. One teacher loved it, and actually knew how to use it, and the other just about completely ignored the entire system.

Good luck!

Everything is on Blackboard. I've not had any problem with it so far. I print out the notes or power point slides before the lecture. I have about 4 hours of lecture per day, plus off site practicums will be starting in about a week.

For me, everything has just been review, but that will change by the end of the week, possibly by tomorrow. I think they are just making sure we remember some basics in case we forgot stuff over the summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I kinda felt that way, but I just wrote up a skej and started ploughing through it, and now I'm pretty much ahead of everyone I talk to.

My routine has been to sit-down and take ten minutes writing up a skej on a post-it for every 1/2 hr.

eg.

6-6:30 embryo
6:30-7 50 most common drugs
7-7:30 more embryo
7:30-8 work on resume for pharm practice course
8-8:30 break
8:30-9 50 most common

that kinda thing. you gotta kinda push yourself. i like to lift weights, so I use the same techniques to get myself to finish sets. just tell yourself that you're gonna see the benefits of it and push through.

I remember for our 1st year we only had classes from 9-12, except on the days when we have labs.

You just have to pace yourself. Acknowledge the fact that there's no way you can learn and soak up EVERYTHING. Everything will be ok in the end. Just be diligent and steady and it'll be fine.

Good luck!

i'm in my just start my fourth year and i have call 8 - 11 everyday and 9 - 11 every other tuesday.

Peeps down here at SC are starting to ramp up. Just about everyone I spoke to said they were gonna start studyin this wknd. Isn't this fun?