Anyone applied for BU MAMS or Eastern Virginia medical masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tibzgurl

tibzgurl
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i was just wondering if anyone applied to the BU MAMS or Eastern Virginia SMP for Fall 2007 cycle. If you did, when did you apply and did u hear anything from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
i was just wondering if anyone applied to the BU MAMS or Eastern Virginia SMP for Fall 2007 cycle. If you did, when did you apply and did u hear anything from them yet?

I applied to both programs. My transcripts should be received by the end of this week or beginning of next week. I don't know how long it takes for them to review the applications before making any decisions though. Have you applied already or are you in the process of sending your application in?

PlAnEjaNe

i've applied to evms, they should be getting the rest of my transcripts by the beginning of next month. in any case, based on old posts on sdn, it seems like they don't even start looking at apps until well into march ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to BU late december, 06 and I called Michelle Hall yesterday. She said my file is complete and they will start reviews on February. I applied to EVMS on January 11th and haven't heard anything so far. I guess its too early.

i was accepted to evms two weeks ago. i applied in october, and my file was complete in early january. it says on their site under the faq's that once your application is complete, it takes a few weeks for a reply.

congratulations on the acceptance, ilovescience! on the flipside, i'm a little worried now because i haven't heard a peep from evms since i applied a few weeks ago :scared: what other programs did you apply to, and do you have a top choice?

thanks chowchilla! is your evms application complete? if so, you should hear from them soon. worst case just call nicole priest. her number is on the website, and it's her direct line. i applied to drexel's ims program and just received confirmation that my file is complete after they claimed to not have any of my letters of rec or my mcat scores :(. i also applied to georgetown, and my file will be complete soon. i'm debating on applying to boston university's master of arts program still...going to talk to a friend who's in the program right now. As for a top choice, I'm not sure. I think I would stick with EVMS over Drexel at this point since EVMS' class is approximately 20 students whereas Drexel's is about 150 I think...and I'm not too crazy about paying a lot of money to get live video feed (at Drexel) as opposed to live teachers (EVMS). Deciding between Georgetown and EVMS may be tough since Georgetown's program is the first of its kind I believe...

i was accepted to evms two weeks ago. i applied in october, and my file was complete in early january. it says on their site under the faq's that once your application is complete, it takes a few weeks for a reply.

did you submit a high school transcript?

EVMS requires a high school transcript??

Did you submit an official high school transcript? I'm not even sure where I would be able to find one. I could photocopy my old one, I guess....but I wonder if they'll take that.

Why do they care anyways? I mean, it was a long time ago. I don't have anything to hide (I was frankly more impressive as a high school student) but it's still a royal pain to have to do that.

Did you submit an official high school transcript? I'm not even sure where I would be able to find one. I could photocopy my old one, I guess....but I wonder if they'll take that.

Why do they care anyways? I mean, it was a long time ago. I don't have anything to hide (I was frankly more impressive as a high school student) but it's still a royal pain to have to do that.

To get a High School transcript all you need to do is call your High School(s). They'll be glad to send one out for you, just give them the address. I'm not even sure you really need to send EVMS a HS transcript, but I will be just to make sure.

Also, I will be sending out my app. to EVMS's Med Master's Program tomorrow, but I don't expect my app. to be complete until about a week from friday... that would be... 2/16 or so I guess (due to some of me LoR taking a while.)

Yeah it needs to be an official hs transcript. I called my hs and paid 2 dollars for them to send it out. And it's weird that they ask for that, but I would still send it out since it specifically says on the application that they want it. My hs grades were way better than my college grades too haha.

Yeah it needs to be an official hs transcript. I called my hs and paid 2 dollars for them to send it out. And it's weird that they ask for that, but I would still send it out since it specifically says on the application that they want it. My hs grades were way better than my college grades too haha.

Where does it say in the application that they want high school transcript? I never saw it and didn't send my hs transcript. when i called to check my status last week, they said they are only waiting for one of my LOR's for my file to be complete. Am i missing something here?

Where does it say in the application that they want high school transcript? I never saw it and didn't send my hs transcript. when i called to check my status last week, they said they are only waiting for one of my LOR's for my file to be complete. Am i missing something here?

It asks for ALL education institutions attended (specifically) including high school on page 2 of the app. It then says to send an official transcript from each institution listed.

It's probably not a big deal... but I would send a HS transcript just to make sure.

No, I called and the other day and they said I was complete and I didn't send in my high school transcripts; that's ridiculous! How does that contribute to your application? "Hmmm...well we see here as a freshman in hs Suzie Q wasn't very dedicated to her health class....I don't know ADCOM, what do you think?...Nevermind her spectacular MCATs." Hahahahaha....I think it was a little too literal on the application and they probably thought people wouldn't take it seriously. But, like Dr. Robert said...you can never be too careful! If you are worried then send them in.

PlAnEjaNe

No, I called and the other day and they said I was complete and I didn't send in my high school transcripts; that's ridiculous! How does that contribute to your application? "Hmmm...well we see here as a freshman in hs Suzie Q wasn't very dedicated to her health class....I don't know ADCOM, what do you think?...Nevermind her spectacular MCATs." Hahahahaha....I think it was a little too literal on the application and they probably thought people wouldn't take it seriously. But, like Dr. Robert said...you can never be too careful! If you are worried then send them in.

PlAnEjaNe

Aw I could have saved the 2 dollars I used to pay for my hs transcripts haha...but better safe than sorry, and it was mentioned in the application.

It asks for ALL education institutions attended (specifically) including high school on page 2 of the app. It then says to send an official transcript from each institution listed.

It's probably not a big deal... but I would send a HS transcript just to make sure.

OMG!! I can't believe i missed that! thanks guyz..i guess i wasn't paying attention. i hope i listed my high school on the list..i cant remember..keeping my fingers crossed!

OMG!! I can't believe i missed that! thanks guyz..i guess i wasn't paying attention. i hope i listed my high school on the list..i cant remember..keeping my fingers crossed!

I honestly do not think it matters if you missed it, or did not send in your transcript... I really don't believe you need to list your HS or give a HS transcript to have a completed application. I listed my HS and sent a transcript just to be absolutely certain... but I really do not see it having any effect whatsoever on your app.

It's high school... who here took high school seriously?

...That's what I thought.

I honestly do not think it matters if you missed it, or did not send in your transcript... I really don't believe you need to list your HS or give a HS transcript to have a completed application. I listed my HS and sent a transcript just to be absolutely certain... but I really do not see it having any effect whatsoever on your app.

It's high school... who here took high school seriously?

...That's what I thought.

hehe..i would love to send my high school transcript! i had stellar grades in high school. i was a 4.0 student. i just screwed up in college. a little...