anyone applied for UMN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi , i have applied for UMN . but i havent got any call letter (for interview) yet. my score is 96 , GPA is 2.89 & toefl score is 230. i have received an email stating that they received my application on jan-3rd ,so when can i expect a call letter. one of my friend (93,3.3,270) who applied for UMN got rejected ,so i m more tensed .i would like to know about interview process and questions (& answers if u can)they asked .

please let me know
funny

Members don't see this ad.

hi , i have applied for UMN . but i havent got any call letter (for interview) yet. my score is 96 , GPA is 2.89 & toefl score is 230. i have received an email stating that they received my application on jan-3rd ,so when can i expect a call letter. one of my friend (93,3.3,270) who applied for UMN got rejected ,so i m more tensed .i would like to know about interview process and questions (& answers if u can)they asked .

please let me know
funny

hi ...i am in d same boat as you....applied on jan 5th.....part 1-92,toefl -293.gpa-3.95...havent heard anything from them yet......

Hi,

I had called Janet a week back. She told me that they recieved 300 applications in Dec-Jan. Out of the 300, 150 were sent rejection letters (I am 1 among that 150 :( ). I think everyone who was rejected in the first round of screening might have got their letters by now.
So no letter till now means, your applications might have been screened in the next 150. So I think you can wait positively for your call letter.

Good luck

hi ...i am in d same boat as you....applied on jan 5th.....part 1-92,toefl -293.gpa-3.95...havent heard anything from them yet......

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
i have also applied for UMN...I called Janet on 8th jan and I was told that my application is complete. I want to know how do they inform for the interview, through call letter, e-mail or phone? Please reply. Thanks.

They call you by phone and decide a good time for the interview and then send an email confirming it. I got this info from one of my SDN friends.

hi,
i have also applied for UMN...I called Janet on 8th jan and I was told that my application is complete. I want to know how do they inform for the interview, through call letter, e-mail or phone? Please reply. Thanks.

Hi,

I had called Janet a week back. She told me that they recieved 300 applications in Dec-Jan. Out of the 300, 150 were sent rejection letters (I am 1 among that 150 :( ). I think everyone who was rejected in the first round of screening might have got their letters by now.
So no letter till now means, your applications might have been screened in the next 150. So I think you can wait positively for your call letter.

Good luck

well i have just got an e-mail confirming saying that my application is complete......who knows maybe my rejection letter is also on the way coz if its true that they rejected to interview a student with 93 as part 1 scores then i dont think that i stand a good chance there.....but well waiting is all i can do i guess....

well i have just got an e-mail confirming saying that my application is complete......who knows maybe my rejection letter is also on the way coz if its true that they rejected to interview a student with 93 as part 1 scores then i dont think that i stand a good chance there.....but well waiting is all i can do i guess....

i am also going through the same situation.my part 1 score is 92, toefl is 94 and gpa-3.23. i applied on jan 18th. i am wondering if they have rejected student with 93 then my chances are really less with my gpa and toefl........i wonder what is there criteria for admissions......oh well, best of luck to all who are still waiting ...........

i am also going through the same situation.my part 1 score is 92, toefl is 94 and gpa-3.23. i applied on jan 18th. i am wondering if they have rejected student with 93 then my chances are really less with my gpa and toefl........i wonder what is there criteria for admissions......oh well, best of luck to all who are still waiting ...........

Hi stepping stone, same here part 1 91,toefl 87(low but above the minimum requirement for UMN) and mt ece is 3.53..i applied in 2nd week of jan...n hvn't heard anything back!!!
just hope for the best n BEST OF LUCK.

Hi stepping stone, same here part 1 91,toefl 87(low but above the minimum requirement for UMN) and mt ece is 3.53..i applied in 2nd week of jan...n hvn't heard anything back!!!
just hope for the best n BEST OF LUCK.

hii naz,
thanks!!!! i think we should keep our fingers and even our toes crossed ..........though your toefl score is less but your gpa is really good so you hold a pretty good chance ..........most of the colleges require 100 in toefl..........it would be great if we improve our toefl score.........i e-mailed my stats to colorado university and they adviced me not to apply because of my low toefl score...........but thats not the end and lets keep our spirits high.......

i m also still waiting...part1- 92....toefl cbt-297....gpa-3.95......havent heard anything from them yet except that the application is complete....

hi both of u..
whr else u uv applied apart from NYU..??
should we call them n ask them again..coz last time whn i called dint tell me anthing, just said we will contact u if needed!!!!:mad:

Although you guys are waiting for the results of whatever universities. I commend all of you for getting such a high score for part1.:thumbup: I did't took it seriously with work and etc. and im far from what achievements you guys have now. It would be much appreciated if anyone can share what are the study materials you guys used before taking part1. I guess i'll be retaking my part1, shame i didn't get not even 80. Hope someone can help me by leading me to the right path on getting a high score like you guys. Thank's in advance......

thanks guys for all the appreciation but i think its all about focus and hard work........just don't loose hope and keep on trying....
NAZ and DENTAL DOC80, i just applied in nyu and minnesota.......i think its a good idea of calling them as frequently as possible as its portrays our seriousness towards their program..........

Not a good idea friends, It doesn't portray seriousness rather you end up getting on there nerves,
If you are selected, you shall find out about it shortly after the decision is taken.
Your calling will not change your scores nor will it change your interview performance, have faith in God and sit tight.

thanks guys for all the appreciation but i think its all about focus and hard work........just don't loose hope and keep on trying....
NAZ and DENTAL DOC80, i just applied in nyu and minnesota.......i think its a good idea of calling them as frequently as possible as its portrays our seriousness towards their program..........

yes i hv applied to nyu n umn..n i did call them couple of times..but now i think we should just wait ..n pray!:)
thanx stepping stone and eyeforstars!

yes i hv applied to nyu n umn..n i did call them couple of times..but now i think we should just wait ..n pray!:)
thanx stepping stone and eyeforstars!

hey guys i jus applied to BU and UMN .....dint apply to NYU ....me too jus waiting and hoping to hear from them....