Anyone applied to Hopkins??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkeymaniac

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to apply to Hopkins next year. And I have noticed that applicants need to complete at least 24 hours of humanies in order to apply. Being an engineer, I haven't taken that much of humanities but took only 13 semester hours of them. Is there any of you who got into to or got an interview with less than 24 semster hours of humanities?

Members don't see this ad.

Monkeymaniac said:
I am planning to apply to Hopkins next year. And I have noticed that applicants need to complete at least 24 hours of humanies in order to apply. Being an engineer, I haven't taken that much of humanities but took only 13 semester hours of them. Is there any of you who got into to or got an interview with less than 24 semster hours of humanities?
Schools usually don't care about pre-reqs until it's actually time to matriculate, so I think it's fine to apply.

Bluntman said:
Schools usually don't care about pre-reqs until it's actually time to matriculate, so I think it's fine to apply.

Thanks for your reply Bluntman. So if I don't get that 24 SH of humanities by my graduation, they won't let me into their school even if I were accepted??

Members don't see this ad :)
Check the list of what they call humanities. It *may* include things your school would consider social sciences, such as history, psych, etc.

Monkeymaniac said:
Thanks for your reply Bluntman. So if I don't get that 24 SH of humanities by my graduation, they won't let me into their school even if I were accepted??
Eh...schools try to play tough, but I'm sure there have been people that have weaseled their way out of various pre-reqs. After all, if they accept you, they really want you. So it's in their best interest to be somewhat accommodating. And if it comes down to it, you could always take the course(s) at a community college during the summer before you matriculate.

Bluntman said:
Eh...schools try to play tough, but I'm sure there have been people that have weaseled their way out of various pre-reqs. After all, if they accept you, they really want you. So it's in their best interest to be somewhat accommodating. And if it comes down to it, you could always take the course(s) at a community college during the summer before you matriculate.

Thanks! :)