1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Anyone applied to Loma Linda in CA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Evaglo, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Evaglo

Evaglo Junior Member

Does anyone know if you have to practice Chrisitian faith to apply to school or get accepeted?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay

Evaglo-

I applied to Loma Linda. The short answer to your question is no. I took part in one of their workshops and was told that they accept all faiths. However, at that same workshop, they stated that they "prefer" Christians and more specifically, Seventh-Day Adventists (since that is the denomination which owns and operates Loma Linda). I would speculate that their incoming class each year is >75% Seventh-Day. But that is just a guess. Just know that if you are accepted, they will require you to attend services at the church on campus.

I'm Catholic, so I too have very little chance of getting accepted. I have however received their supplementary application. I will fill it out, but I just have this feeling that I'm throwing $60 down the drain. Oh well, I won't know until I try. Good luck to you!

4. Evaglo

Evaglo Junior Member

agutier3

I got the secondaries also. I am debating if I should turn it in or not since I am thinking I will have very small chance of getting in. Thanks for your feedback!