Anyone applied to Northwestern but got no response yet??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stephilosphy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told today they're gonna send out all the final decisions on Monday. So I'm not sure if they still have seats available, or I'm already been put on the waitlist, or even rejected.

:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Stephilosophy, I've been following your story for a while now. I know you really want to get into Northwestern and in my opinion you have strong stats to be competitive and get accepted. However, for a school that doesn't interview, how do you feel your Personal statement measured up?

Hey Stephilosophy, I've been following your story for a while now. I know you really want to get into Northwestern and in my opinion you have strong stats to be competitive and get accepted. However, for a school that doesn't interview, how do you feel your Personal statement measured up?

Hi, thank you for your concerning. I think my PS is good, since I'm an international student-a multicultural person. So I incorporated this kind of thing into my PS and make it different.

But I just think of, if Northwestern doesn't want to accept any international students into this program, since it's a secure job..

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an FYI..that's definitely not true. In our first year class we have two international students....one moved from Serbia to come to the program, and one is from the Ukraine originally (I believe), although she moved to the US just before undergrad. We also have several students who moved overseas after undergrad and then came back for grad school (one worked in London for a year before moving back for PT school, another lived in Spain), so being an international student shouldn't be detrimental to your application...if anything it might help it. A lot of our faculty are from other countries originally too (New Zealand, Australia, Belgium, etc.). The diversity of staff and students is one of the great things about our program :)

Hopefully you'll hear something soon. Like I've said before, I don't know the details about how decisions are made, but I would think if you were flat out rejected you would have heard right away. If they are still giving out decisions until Dec. 15 (or Monday, whichever it is), you're not out of the game yet....I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't heard yet. Just relax. It's too early to freak yourself out.

Just an FYI..that's definitely not true. In our first year class we have two international students....one moved from Serbia to come to the program, and one is from the Ukraine originally (I believe), although she moved to the US just before undergrad. We also have several students who moved overseas after undergrad and then came back for grad school (one worked in London for a year before moving back for PT school, another lived in Spain), so being an international student shouldn't be detrimental to your application...if anything it might help it. A lot of our faculty are from other countries originally too (New Zealand, Australia, Belgium, etc.). The diversity of staff and students is one of the great things about our program :)

Hopefully you'll hear something soon. Like I've said before, I don't know the details about how decisions are made, but I would think if you were flat out rejected you would have heard right away. If they are still giving out decisions until Dec. 15 (or Monday, whichever it is), you're not out of the game yet....I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't heard yet. Just relax. It's too early to freak yourself out.

:DThank you so much for your really nice explanation! I feel better now.

Yes, Jane told me that they were gonna send out acceptances until Dec.15th, but not next Monday.

Hi, thank you for your concerning. I think my PS is good, since I'm an international student-a multicultural person. So I incorporated this kind of thing into my PS and make it different.

Hey Steph, where are you from? I also think that this is to your advantage just like dancer says.

I haven't heard from Northwestern yet either... I'm not getting my hopes up since many people have already heard, but when I talked to admissions a few days ago they did say that if you haven't heard yet your application was likely still under review. So don't worry!

I haven't heard from Northwestern yet either... I'm not getting my hopes up since many people have already heard, but when I talked to admissions a few days ago they did say that if you haven't heard yet your application was likely still under review. So don't worry!

Oh, when did you submit the application??

I'm not exactly sure when I submitted the application, but I got an email from admissions on September 30th saying that they received all of my application materials. That was a while ago now, so like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up. I submitted it relatively early and I still haven't heard, so I'm sure you're fine!

im in the same boat as you. i called the office and Jane S. told me that the last bits of ppl are getting reviewed (last friday)....and they should determine everything by wed 12/16. sooo yeah im trying to distract myself right not and trying to stay calm until wed! you should too =)

I was told today they're gonna send out all the final decisions on Monday. So I'm not sure if they still have seats available, or I'm already been put on the waitlist, or even rejected.

:oops:

im in the same boat as you. i called the office and Jane S. told me that the last bits of ppl are getting reviewed (last friday)....and they should determine everything by wed 12/16. sooo yeah im trying to distract myself right not and trying to stay calm until wed! you should too =)

When did you apply? I don't think I'm the last bits of people, because I got my confirmation letter on Oct.25th.

Hey Steph, where else did you apply and have you heard any good news from those programs yet?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you apply? I don't think I'm the last bits of people, because I got my confirmation letter on Oct.25th.

lets see..got confirmed on 11/12 (my check was taken out 11.25 or something like that) which is not too far from ur time. Jane sed that anything received after sept is reviewed slowly...so that may be another reason why.

lol wat a coincidence. i am here cuz im thinking about the same issue as u - wondering if i can get into NU....and a boy just walked by me with "northwestern" logo on his shirt (i am at borders bookstore in california)

ya, good luck to both of us! fingers crossed. whend u hear "monday"? i heard wed....

lets see..got confirmed on 11/12 (my check was taken out 11.25 or something like that) which is not too far from ur time. Jane sed that anything received after sept is reviewed slowly...so that may be another reason why.

lol wat a coincidence. i am here cuz im thinking about the same issue as u - wondering if i can get into NU....and a boy just walked by me with "northwestern" logo on his shirt (i am at borders bookstore in california)

ya, good luck to both of us! fingers crossed. whend u hear "monday"? i heard wed....

Hey! My check was deposited on 11.26! Jane told me they are gonna mail out the letters on Monday, which are supposed to be received later next weekend.

ahh, see? they prob just grouped our apps viewed them around the same time then. anyways, whend u call her and heard her saying that? next weekend as in around 7days from now??

Hey! My check was deposited on 11.26! Jane told me they are gonna mail out the letters on Monday, which are supposed to be received later next weekend.

ahh, see? they prob just grouped our apps viewed them around the same time then. anyways, whend u call her and heard her saying that? next weekend as in around 7days from now??

Yes, we're in the same boat. I called her yesterday morning. She also told me that if you got accepted, you would only be notified by phone. So if you got the letter later next weekend, you were rejected or on the waitlist.

Ahhh so monday is the day - is it safe to assume that if u dont get a call on monday then ur WL or declined?

Yes, we're in the same boat. I called her yesterday morning. She also told me that if you got accepted, you would only be notified by phone. So if you got the letter later next weekend, you were rejected or on the waitlist.

You guys need to breathe, and relax. I dont think calculating and analyzing when you will hear is helping you guys at all. What happens if you don't hear on Monday, you're just going to be stressed out all week until next weekend or whenever. Im pretty sure you guys applied to other schools right. So it wont be the end of the world would it?

Get off the forum and watch some NCAA basketball. Did you know that Michael Jackson died?

OMG U had me scared just now!! i thought u sed michael jordan (which i did a search and dont think that was so). ya of course - michael jackson died 1+yrs ago, thats old news....unless ur speaking of another MJ.

i think jordan > kobe. haha...another reason why i need to go to a chicago school and leave socal. jkjk

You guys need to breathe, and relax. I dont think calculating and analyzing when you will hear is helping you guys at all. What happens if you don't hear on Monday, you're just going to be stressed out all week until next weekend or whenever. Im pretty sure you guys applied to other schools right. So it wont be the end of the world would it?

Get off the forum and watch some NCAA basketball. Did you know that Michael Jackson died?

Yes, Michael Jackson, I guess it backfired, I meant it for you to stop worrying about NU. At least your not talking about NU anymore ahaha.

And Derrick Rose last night kicked butt after half time!

Ha ha, now that's what I'm talkin' about. Rose is amazing!! So awesome that they beat the Lakers. :)

Anyways, yah, make sure you're doing fun things to occupy your time instead of sitting around worrying. I know it's stressful, but you've done all you can and you gotta hope for the best!