• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Shejeboshease

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
i know that st. george's is the harvard of the caribbean, and then there is ross. are these the only two decent schools of the caribbean? what about AUC? is it lot worse than st.george's or ross? is it worth taking a year off than going to AUC? also, how hard it is to transfer from the caribbean med. schools to the u.s. med schools?

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i know that st. george's is the harvard of the caribbean, and then there is ross. are these the only two decent schools of the caribbean? what about AUC? is it lot worse than st.george's or ross? is it worth taking a year off than going to AUC? also, how hard it is to transfer from the caribbean med. schools to the u.s. med schools?

Go the International forums or valuemd.com for a more indepth discussion of this HEAVILY talked about topic.

fyi: I might go to sgu ;)

spreebee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
You've got it backwards. Harvard is the "St. George's" of the U.S.

About the Ads

Shejeboshease

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
the bottom line is, i already applied to st. geroges and ross...should i spend another 75 bucks and apply to AUC?

hipatknight

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
i wouldnt, sgu and ross have the better reps. i would personally pick sgu. better location, better affiliations, nice class diversity, but only downside is that its very expensive.

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
3.6 (science:3.55) from a top 20 undergrad, but low mcat 26Q, lots of volunteering, research, and shadowing

LOL... with the amount of research you have under your belt, you are better off retaking the MCAT and trying for a US school because you are way over your head when it comes to the Caribbean.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.