anyone apply to suny buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starzz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone here applied to suny buffalo... and if u have... any news.. interview or secondary news that is.. oh yea and how long after u applied did u hear back.. i applied.. sent them the stuff, now i'm just waiting.. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I applied last year to SUNY Buffalo and met with the admissions secretary last summer and she said that she doesnt even start looking at the files until August...she had a stack waiting for her last July....so Im assuming its the same deal this year

hey ya i applied to sunny bufallo too, and i called them and ya she doesnt even begin to look until like aug/sept. so guess u just gotta wait. but make sure u sent in ur application fee!
omar

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, the evil Dr.BadVibes was actually right about something....go figure! :rolleyes:

hey badvibes and omar, thanks for your responses... august, my goodness.. oh well.. at least its around the corner... later guys... :p

Speaking as a SUNY Buffalo dental graduate... Interviews will most likely get underway after the Fall semester starts in August. They want to give interviewees a look at what goes on in the clinics (which would obviously have very little activity during the summer).

HTH!

I have applied. So far, nothing in the mail :(

My AADSAS was sent over to Buffalo around 7/10. Do I sit around waiting for them to contact me about sending in the fee? Or do I just send it on my own?

hey, send them on ur own, thats what i did. i called them and asked them, and they gave me the address where to send it. if you wait to send until they contact you, then ur wasting like 2-3 weeks where they're not going to be looking at ur application.

omar

omaralt said:
hey, send them on ur own, thats what i did. i called them and asked them, and they gave me the address where to send it. if you wait to send until they contact you, then ur wasting like 2-3 weeks where they're not going to be looking at ur application.

omar

Omar is totally correct. Send them the fee so your profile will be ready for review sometime in August. I had to contact Barbara at the admissions and she said they need the fee paid before anything happens on their side. I am surprised they did not contact me first about the fee.

I guess, sometimes you have to be a bit pushy to get things movin? :cool:

Bump...

Anyone heard anything from Buffalo? I sent in my app fee about two weeks ago and it is still not cashed. Anyone have their checks cashed yet?

I received a mailing to send in the fee, etc to complete my file.

I got a postcard a couple of days ago (postmarked 9/7) saying my application was complete and that it was going to be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

Is anyone beyond this stage? Anyone heard about interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a postcard from them on friday informing me that they need my high school transcripts???? I don't know of any other school that needs those. I thought that was very strange considering I graduated 10 years ago.

Yes, from the schools I applied to, Harvard and Buffalo require HS transcripts.

I just got my interview letter! It came in today's mail (9/15). I live very close to the school - about 5 miles.

It was a regular size envelope with a letter and a map. Hand signed by Dr. Joynt, Dean of Admissions.

Interviews are on Thursdays. And I am supposed to call to set up my day.

Buffalo is my first choice, so I'm really psyched!

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!!

ncalcate said:
I just got my interview letter! It came in today's mail (9/15). I live very close to the school - about 5 miles.

It was a regular size envelope with a letter and a map. Hand signed by Dr. Joynt, Dean of Admissions.

Interviews are on Thursdays. And I am supposed to call to set up my day.

Buffalo is my first choice, so I'm really psyched!

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!!

I think they are interviewing on friday as well now. Last week a group of you guys came into the gross lab as we were taking out the brains and peeling back the skin on the face. :eek:

xkurkox said:
I think they are interviewing on friday as well now. Last week a group of you guys came into the gross lab as we were taking out the brains and peeling back the skin on the face. :eek:

Yup, they are interviewing on some Fridays. Mine is this week. :p

ALso have interview at Buffalo this friday. & hour drive waiting for me. :sleep:

Submitted AADSAS in June, did interview in Oct.

konovsi said:
ALso have interview at Buffalo this friday. & hour drive waiting for me. :sleep:
& = 7 ?? Mine is 4 hours...I guess I shouldn't complain. :)

konovsi said:
konovsi, how was the interview at buffalo?
i have an interview on Dec 9 and would like to get your thoughts...also what was the essay topic?

tvandds said:
konovsi, how was the interview at buffalo?
i have an interview on Dec 9 and would like to get your thoughts...also what was the essay topic?

the interview was really low stress, they asked the typical questions as to why you want to be a dentist, the negatives of dentistry, a single most important experience in the dentist office, why I chose their school, one word to describe yourself. ALso their signature question was to define professionalism.

konovsi said:
the interview was really low stress, they asked the typical questions as to why you want to be a dentist, the negatives of dentistry, a single most important experience in the dentist office, why I chose their school, one word to describe yourself. ALso their signature question was to define professionalism.

I was one of the first two people invited for the interview and didn't get that professionalism question, but the second person did. I sugest reading their web site and find something about that school that is school proud of... this will make a good discussion topic during the interview.

The entire day was very relaxing, and they really try to sell you the school. If you review interview feedback, you will be all set. I actually really enjoyed my interview at Buffalo, it was VERY conversational. Oh, and don't let the fact that it is 2 on 1 scare you. They were playing "good cop" "nice cop" :)

I was reading the stats for Buffalo acceptances and it turns out that 50 % of those who get accepted decided not to go there. Just wondering if anyone knows why this number is so high. Perhaps this gives those on waiting lists greater chances.

konovsi said:
I was reading the stats for Buffalo acceptances and it turns out that 50 % of those who get accepted decided not to go there. Just wondering if anyone knows why this number is so high. Perhaps this gives those on waiting lists greater chances.

As a graduate of Buffalo, one of the biggest reasons I heard about why people turn the school down is because of weather and location.

isnt it true though that there are a lot of hot girls there in SUNY Buffalo? Im not talking about the Dental School per se, but the undergrad school. Im assuming that they are together of course. Any1 notice this? I'm just curious.