Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone apply to UC schools & what are your stats?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by mellyrara, Nov 28, 2005.

1. mellyrara

mellyrara Member
    5+ Year Member

I am really hoping for an interview at UCSD or UCSF. My husband is a Navy SEAL (for those of you who don't know he is in the special forces of the Navy stationed in Coronado, CA hence my frustration) and I am getting anxious "slash" nervous. I'd like to hear from anyone who knows someone or who is as anxious as I am to find out other anxieties out there. This is so important to me and I am feeling it right now. If you'd be so kind to share what I am up against (i.e GPA, age, whatever) I would feel much better (as sick as that ;) may sound) I do need to know who the competition is....
    Thank you all and have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Take great care

2. blueclassring

blueclassring Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    i'm not your competition. i didn't apply to ucsd or ucsf because the gpa requirements are so high, and everybody and their mother wants to go there. great schools but just too competitive. good luck.... :) 1500 apps for 60 spots, no thanks.

3. fidelio

fidelio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well ok.

I have a 3.42 Science GPA (because I took more science than required)
    and a 3.6 cumulative GPA (majoring in music).

It seems I'm pretty average in applying to UCSF. I haven't applied anywhere else this year only because I have other possible plans.

I've got 3 Cs and a withdrawal. So... competition will be quite difficult for me.