Anyone apply to West Virginia...and actually here back from them?

asherman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2004
Status
This has been the only school I applied to and have heard nothing from, even after calling their offices repeatedly they can't divulge any sort of information other than that my application has been complete since the beginning of july.
What is the status on that school? I'm guessing since i never heard back from them even to get waitlisted that I have no shot, b/c I never interviewed. please let me know if anyboyd has any information on this school

GENERAL TSO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
asherman said:
This has been the only school I applied to and have heard nothing from, even after calling their offices repeatedly they can't divulge any sort of information other than that my application has been complete since the beginning of july.
What is the status on that school? I'm guessing since i never heard back from them even to get waitlisted that I have no shot, b/c I never interviewed. please let me know if anyboyd has any information on this school

WVU is FULL from what I heard as they only have like 35 spots and tons of WVians applied this year and supposedly they had an 'above average' year so I imagine that next year will be very difficult to get into as well.

Bummer.

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
asherman said:

you and i have something in common with a little bit of diff.
we both applied there.

only thing is, i applied in 2003 and i am still waiting to hear from them.

good luck. count them out if i were you.

GENERAL TSO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
PERFECT3435 said:
you and i have something in common with a little bit of diff.
we both applied there.

only thing is, i applied in 2003 and i am still waiting to hear from them.

good luck. count them out if i were you.

were you a west virginia resident when you applied ???

I know they screw out of staters big time. THEY TOOK IN LIKE 600 applications last year from out of staters and only interviewed 8 of them.

Thats crazy and a true rip off if you ask me !!!

adriann

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Status
I'm not a WV resident, and I did get a phone call from them about 3 weeks ago inviting me for an interview, but they stressed that it would only be for a spot on the alternate list.

GENERAL TSO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
adriann said:
I'm not a WV resident, and I did get a phone call from them about 3 weeks ago inviting me for an interview, but they stressed that it would only be for a spot on the alternate list.

Honestly, and definitely not to discourage you, if you are an out of state student I wouldnt bother.

I think they took 8 last year out of the 600 that applied. If you got an interview with them then you must be very exceptional and if that is the case you can get into a better school anyways.

Unfortunately, WVU is not a great dental school and the facilities are very outdated. I think this reflects the overall atmosphere of the state. The schools cut back every year and it seems that things just get worse and worse there.

DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
I got a rejection letter last week from them, so if you havent heard anything yet, you're safe for now :)