1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Anyone applying to LSU for 2003 or already accepted for 2002?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by applicant2003, Jun 7, 2002.

1. applicant2003

applicant2003 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am applying to LSU New Orleans for 2003. I am taking the MCAT in august, have an over all GPA of 3.7, and science GPA of 3.4. I have a good bit of research and volunteer experience. What do they generally look for in applicants? Any idea if I will be a competitive applicant? I'd love to hear from anyone who has already been accepted or who is also applying. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. randomlogik

randomlogik Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi! I'm gonna be applying to LSU this year as well. Can't say that I know much about what they are looking for in applicants, so if you find out any info please pass it along.

4. Angel_Eyes

Angel_Eyes Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't know too much about it except that unless you are a Louisiana resident you don't have that great of a chance. LSUNO looks for leadership and diversity. They pride themselves on having classes that include Joe Blow who went backpacking across western europe at the age of 4, or Jane who majors in basket weaving and has aspirations of becoming the first animal psycic/people doctor in US history. HAHA
    Any how. Being from louisiana, good MCAT (~9's)good GPA and some EC's and you'll get an interview. WOW them there and you'll get in.
    All jokes aside, LSUNO is a great school and has a great staff. They have excellent opportunities for disadvantaged students and is reasonably inexpensive. If you have any other questions...feel free to pm me. hope I helped out!

5. applicant2003

7+ Year Member

Thanks for replies, good luck to both of you! That is true about the state residency. I know they are pretty diverse as far as non-traditional students also. There is a pretty wide age range of those accepted. Anyone mind sharing their stats? I am worried about my science GPA (3.4). Having to calculate calculus courses into it really brought it down.

6. applicant2003

7+ Year Member