SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone applying to Samford University (McWhorterSOP)? Entering Fall2018

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Dancerdance1, Sep 7, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    Just thought I would start a thread about Samford for anyone applying, interviews, and to ask any questions that hopefully someone knows the answers to

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bactec

bactec

Aug 21, 2017
    Yes! I'll interview later this month sometime.

4. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    okay me too! I applied ED and i didn't know anyone, nor have i seen anyone else on here talking about applying there.

5. bactec

bactec

Aug 21, 2017
    Right? It's been pretty quiet. Where did you go to undergrad? :)

6. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    I'm currently at Mississippi State. What about you?

7. Jeff2017

Jeff2017

Sep 10, 2017
    When did you submit your application?

8. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    They received mine on the 17th and I received my interview invitation on the 21st.

9. bactec

bactec

Aug 21, 2017
    I submitted it on the 3rd and received my invitation on the 5th.

10. bactec

bactec

Aug 21, 2017
    I went to Auburn but I've been working for a couple of years since I graduated.

11. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    Nice! What did you study at Auburn?

12. bactec

bactec

Aug 21, 2017
    Excited to say I was accepted! :) Hope to see you in August!

Dancerdance1 likes this.
  13. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    I WAS ACCEPTED TOO! See you then!!

14. PharmDgirl7

PharmDgirl7

Sep 26, 2017
    Congrats to those who have been accepted! I am applying to Samford as well. Got an interview invitation for October 28th!:)

15. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    Thank you! Good luck to you as well! I am sure you are going to do great! :)

PharmDgirl7 likes this.
  16. Jeff2017

Jeff2017

Sep 10, 2017
    How was the interview? Were there any questions in particular that took you by surprise?

17. bactec

bactec

Aug 21, 2017
    The only stereotypical question they asked me was "why pharmacy and why Samford." My interviewer took my answer and ran with it, asking very in depth and thoughtful questions about my observations on how pharmacy related to other clinical staff (I work in a hospital.) They caught me off guard and really made me think. But it wasn't too stressful!

18. SwolePharmacist

SwolePharmacist

Oct 2, 2017
    Hey you two who were accepted!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm submitting my application tomorrow and I'm so so nervous. Is there any advice you two can give me? Any help will be great! Like anything about special things you put on your applications, or interview questions I should practice, or even just telling me how the whole thing works (Did they call you to tell you that you're accepted or did they send a letter? How long did it take for them to reach out after the interview? Etc.) Please, anything to calm my nervous nerves haha. :)

Dancerdance1 likes this.
  19. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    Thank you! Sorry I'm late, but For the interview, just relax! I was so nervous but once I got in there, it was super casual. Just know why you feel that Samford is the best place for you to get your degree. All the other questions that I was asked, came from what they wanted to know from my app. If you don't have a lot of stuff there, make sure you know an answer to "Tell me about yourself," a good start there will help you for the remainder of the interview.

I found out the Monday after! But I'm sure you will do fine!!! Let us know how it goes!

SwolePharmacist likes this.
  20. SwolePharmacist

SwolePharmacist

Oct 2, 2017
    Thank you for replying! I will keep you guys posted. I will officially submit my application to Samford tonight!!

21. PharmDgirl7

PharmDgirl7

Sep 26, 2017
    Does anyone know the dates of the upcoming interviews?

22. Dancerdance1

Dancerdance1

Aug 17, 2017
    The website says Nov. 18 and Dec. 16!

23. PharmDgirl7

PharmDgirl7

Sep 26, 2017
    Where on the website did you find that? I’ve been searching seems like everywhere and couldn’t find them ‍♀️

24. SwolePharmacist

SwolePharmacist

Oct 2, 2017