General Admissions & OTCAS Anyone Applying To TTUHSC Early Decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m(OT)ivated

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey anyone out there applying to Texas Tech by their October 1st early decision deadline? I submitted my aplication and recieved an interview. I just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there in the same boat because I haven't come across a thread about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey anyone out there applying to Texas Tech by their October 1st early decision deadline? I submitted my aplication and recieved an interview. I just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there in the same boat because I haven't come across a thread about it.
Hey,

I am applying to Texas Tech early deadline and I already submitted my application with all the necessary materials 9/18 but I haven't received anything yet. When did you submit your application?

I too am applying by the early deadline. I am submitting my application before the weekend (making some final adjustments on my essay). Congrats on your interview! When is it scheduled for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I am applying to Texas Tech early deadline and I already submitted my application with all the necessary materials 9/18 but I haven't received anything yet. When did you submit your application?

I had submitted my application on 9/7 and I got contacted for an interview on 9/11. They had gave me until 9/22 to make a decision on whether I wanted an onsite interview or a phone interview.

I too am applying by the early deadline. I am submitting my application before the weekend (making some final adjustments on my essay). Congrats on your interview! When is it scheduled for?

Well the onsite interview is scheduled for 10/3. I opted for the phone interview due to financial reasons because I live out of the state. They haven't set the dates for the phone interviews as of yet. I was told they would be more toward the second half of October. I think they are waiting for the last batch of applications by 10/1 to come in before they set those timeslots.

Congrats on getting the interview! I think TTUHSC got all my application papers by 9/3. Still no words from them. :/ But I'll keep my hopes up. Did you get the news about the interview via email or the phone?

Congrats on getting the interview! I think TTUHSC got all my application papers by 9/3. Still no words from them. :/ But I'll keep my hopes up. Did you get the news about the interview via email or the phone?

Thanks. I received confirmation via email. Good luck with getting contacted I know it's kind of stressful. This is my second year applying so it just feels good to make it to that next step somewhere.

Thanks. I received confirmation via email. Good luck with getting contacted I know it's kind of stressful. This is my second year applying so it just feels good to make it to that next step somewhere.

What was your gpa stats like? Srry for being so nosy! >.<

I called Texas Tech and the person that I talked to said that they are sending completed file quickly to the admissions committee for review. They have two interview dates as of now which are October 2nd and 3rd. She basically said that the top applicants have gotten the interview offer and that others will get it later. However, my stats aren't that great so I am not getting my hopes up, but for people who have already gotten interviews, congrats! It means that you are their top applicants and you guys have high chances of getting accepted! Good luck with the interviews!

I called Texas Tech and the person that I talked to said that they are sending completed file quickly to the admissions committee for review. They have two interview dates as of now which are October 2nd and 3rd. She basically said that the top applicants have gotten the interview offer and that others will get it later. However, my stats aren't that great so I am not getting my hopes up, but for people who have already gotten interviews, congrats! It means that you are their top applicants and you guys have high chances of getting accepted! Good luck with the interviews!

I guess she didn't mention when "later" would be?? Thanks for sharing this information tho! I just turned in everything on the 28th. So trying to be positive!

Have you guys put in applications to any other schools? Is Texas Tech your first choice?

I guess she didn't mention when "later" would be?? Thanks for sharing this information tho! I just turned in everything on the 28th. So trying to be positive!
No she didn't say when later would be. Texas Tech is really fast and I feel is more organized than other schools that I have applied to. If your stats are competitive then you should be hearing soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys put in applications to any other schools? Is Texas Tech your first choice?
At this point I would be happy to get in anywhere, but it would be great if I could get in UTMB or UTHSCSA.

Ive also applied to UTHSCSA & TWU. I really liked Tech, but like OTgirl1990 said i would be happy to get in anywhere!! Did anyone here interview on the 2nd or 3rd?

No i have not heard anything.. you think we will hear something this week?
Honestly, I am not sure when we will hear back from them. I'm just waiting, but it's so hard!! Also, did you send in a PS for UTHSCSA? I know they don't require it, but if you send it in do they even look at it?

Honestly, I am not sure when we will hear back from them. I'm just waiting, but it's so hard!! Also, did you send in a PS for UTHSCSA? I know they don't require it, but if you send it in do they even look at it?

I called and asked the officer of the registrar about that about a month ago, and the lady I spoke with said it wouldn't hurt to include it. Im sure they do look at it. I ended up not including it tho. I feel like they don't require one for a reason. One of my friends who got a chance to talk to a faculty member said that they don't ask for a PS because the things that are typically addressed in PS are stuff they find out during the interview process.

I called and asked the officer of the registrar about that about a month ago, and the lady I spoke with said it wouldn't hurt to include it. Im sure they do look at it. I ended up not including it tho. I feel like they don't require one for a reason. One of my friends who got a chance to talk to a faculty member said that they don't ask for a PS because the things that are typically addressed in PS are stuff they find out during the interview process.
Yea I was surprised by the fact that they didn't ask for a PS. So I'm guessing that they invite for interviews based on GPA. I'm going to send mine in since my stats aren't so hot. Have you applied to UTMB?

Yeah it wouldn't hurt! And no i did not apply to UTMB.. I initially planned on it, but ultimately I did not feel I was cut out for the accelerated program. Although if I have to re-apply next year, I will be applying everywhere

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard back from TexasTech either. I submitted all my documents Sept. 28th so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed! I also applied to UTMB and TWU as well. I was limited on the school's I could apply for due to not having time to take my GRE. I have one quarter left before graduation. I am a Kinesiology major: Prehealthcare profession. I'm hoping my degree track will help show I'm definitely ready for OT Grad work! Goodluck everyone!

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard back from TexasTech either. I submitted all my documents Sept. 28th so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed! I also applied to UTMB and TWU as well. I was limited on the school's I could apply for due to not having time to take my GRE. I have one quarter left before graduation. I am a Kinesiology major: Prehealthcare profession. I'm hoping my degree track will help show I'm definitely ready for OT Grad work! Goodluck everyone!

Goodluck to you as well! Let us know if you hear anything!

Has anyone heard anything back from TTUHSC? Still no word...I applied for early acceptance; however, I submitted my last document the last week of September! I'm assuming a lot of applicants may have done this!

Has anyone heard anything back from TTUHSC? Still no word...I applied for early acceptance; however, I submitted my last document the last week of September! I'm assuming a lot of applicants may have done this!

Nope still haven't head anything.. i submitted on the last week as well. Hopefully we hear something soon

Nope still haven't head anything.. i submitted on the last week as well. Hopefully we hear something soon

I called today. She said since its rolling admissions it will take a little while to get through all the applications. She also stated they'd already had two rounds of interviews...I'm guessing they are doing the process in groups (I'm not sure how the applicant pools are being selected)

Nope I have not heard anything.. I was hoping we would hear from them this week.
Me too! Hopefully we will hear something next week. Seems like there has been a large gap between the last round of interviews and now. Maybe they are still sorting applications from those who applied just before the early deadline?

Me too! Hopefully we will hear something next week. Seems like there has been a large gap between the last round of interviews and now. Maybe they are still sorting applications from those who applied just before the early deadline?

Im guessing so, i submitted mine on on the 29th so i'm right there at the end. Maybe they are also making decisions about those that already interviewed.. I was reading threads from last year, and those people that had interviewed early got their acceptances around the end of Oct.. so maybe they are processing all of that as well?

Do you guys know if they email our rejection letters? Because I didnt get one last year when i applied. So hopefully they send something out this time.

I just received an acceptance email today!!:clap: I interviewed last Tuesday via video chat and had originally applied at the beginning of September. I am super excited. I thought I would give you guys an update. Good luck to everyone applying.

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an acceptance email today!!:clap: I interviewed last Tuesday via video chat and had originally applied at the beginning of September. I am super excited. I thought I would give you guys an update. Good luck to everyone applying.

Congrats!! What other schools have you applied to? Have you made your decision to go to texas tech?

Congratulations!! :) and thank you for posting an update!! Hopefully that means the next round of interviews will be sent out shortly! From what I've seen, they haven't interviewed those who applied just before the deadline yet.

Reactions: 1 user