anyone applying to U. of Louisville or U. of KY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kam730

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I will be applying to both and was just wondering if anyone had any good info about these schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what kind of info you are wanting. There are a few of us going to UK in August and I know that at least me and one other person were also accepted to U of L. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

still curious, and KyGrlDr2B I pm'ed you

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing an M.S. at U of L right now. I'm applying to U of L and UK for next year -- whadya wanna know?

Mainly wondering about my friend's chances of getting in at either school. He has 3.92 GPA and 27S (V9-P11-B7) and good ECs. He is concerned about the 7 in bio on the MCAT. I am wondering if anyone knows of someone being admitted to one of these schools with a 7 on a section of the MCAT.

I would have another go at the MCAT. Usually, anything under 8 tanks an app. His/her 7 is in bio so its not as severe, but his/her MCAT scores don't correlate well with their high GPA and that may be a concern of the adcoms.

Well, I can't access my PMs right now :(. The 7 is pretty borderline, but I would take it over. In fact, I did just that. I contacted UK and U of L when I found out I had 7, 10, 11, and asked them what to do and they said that basically the overall score wasn't bad, but that the numbers weren't very consistent (7 looks really out of place). So I did retake and get a 10 the 2nd time around and was accepted no problem. It's a sticky situation. Your friend has to make sure the other numbers don't go down because that looks worse than the 7 would look.