Anyone applying to Université de Montréal??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momozo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, did you get any answer from them? what's your background?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter by mail on monday and it appeared on the portail today. They rejected everyone with a cote R lower than 32.129. I guess if you didn't receive any news yet it's a good sign...I think they send the rejection letters before the interview invites.

If you have more question just pm me...I speak french :)

Salut Muzo,

Merci pour ta réponse. Je suis désolée du refus... mais j'ai vu sur d'autres posts que tu avais appliqué pour Vetmed à IPE?? Bonne chance !!

J'ai reçu ma convocation hier pour l'Université de Montréal finalement pour une entrevue le 12 mai. Est-ce que toi c'était la première fois que tu appliquais? Connais-tu ce qui se passe dans les entrevues avec UdeM? D'après ce que j'ai entendu, c'est des mises en situation. En-t-k, la meilleure des chances pour toi à IPE et j'espère que tu auras de bonnes nouvelles!

Salut !

Members don't see this ad :)
Might want to speak English on the boards so everyone can understand you. :p I can understand about 90% of that, but not the whole thing.

Salut Muzo,

Merci pour ta réponse. Je suis désolée du refus... mais j'ai vu sur d'autres posts que tu avais appliqué pour Vetmed à IPE?? Bonne chance !!

J'ai reçu ma convocation hier pour l'Université de Montréal finalement pour une entrevue le 12 mai. Est-ce que toi c'était la première fois que tu appliquais? Connais-tu ce qui se passe dans les entrevues avec UdeM? D'après ce que j'ai entendu, c'est des mises en situation. En-t-k, la meilleure des chances pour toi à IPE et j'espère que tu auras de bonnes nouvelles!

Salut !

Hi Momozo, Where are you from? I thought you needed to ba a Quebec province resident to apply to Université de Montréal? If not how did you get to apply there ?

I am a Quebec resident and have a degree from Quebec... It seems to me that most people on the forum are from other places in Canada or the US and maybe that's why almost no one answered to my message in the first place!

I'm bumping this because I was wondering if anyone knows whether you have to be a resident of Quebec to apply. I snooped around here-
http://www.etudes.umontreal.ca/index_fiche_prog/158010_desc.html#ADMISSION AU PROGRAMME

and I'm guessing from what it says after the last bullet point under "catégories de candidats" that you either have to be from Quebec or New Brunswick. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't know if they have a deal with New Brunswick francophones or not, but otherwise, yes - you have to be a Quebec resident to apply.

All vet schools in Canada have strict residency requirements (unless you're international applying to AVC or OVC -- which other Canadians can't do). Each part of the country has its own vet school and we don't "mingle" haha.

I'm bumping this because I was wondering if anyone knows whether you have to be a resident of Quebec to apply. I snooped around here-
http://www.etudes.umontreal.ca/index_fiche_prog/158010_desc.html#ADMISSION AU PROGRAMME

and I'm guessing from what it says after the last bullet point under "catégories de candidats" that you either have to be from Quebec or New Brunswick. Can anyone confirm this?
That was correct when I was researching the school a few years ago. I thought it might be cool to buff up my french and live in Montreal.... then all my dreams were dashed :thumbdown:laugh:.

That was correct when I was researching the school a few years ago. I thought it might be cool to buff up my french and live in Montreal.... then all my dreams were dashed :thumbdown:laugh:.

Aww, amen to that - me too. :(

Last edited:
Actually, I thought that all French speaking Atlantic residents could apply. I knew a fully bilingual NB'er who went to the vet school in Montreal. She would have graduated in 06 or 07.

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. Alas, I am technically speaking a Pacific resident :p