Anyone at Bridgeport Hospital in CT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparhawk

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how the Internal Medicine rotation is there and the what the housing situation is all about?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not familiar with the quality of the IM rotation at Bridgeport. I would recommend living outside of Bridgeport, however. I wish I had some recommendations as to where to live, but I don't. Cities I would consider would be Milford, Orange, Trumbull, and Hamden. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only a virtual move Stinky, only a virtual move (and only as long as Lee has me with God-like Administrator status).

BTW, does your program reimburse you for moving expenses? I don't think PSU does. :(

I wish!!! My move was very expensive and my car still hasn't arrived yet!! Do some residency programs pay for your move? I've never heard of that before.

Yeah, a few places I interviewed gave you like $800-$1000+ toward reimbursement for moving expenses. Probably some of those rolling in dough community programs; not the buck poor academic centers! ;)

Ms. Cox....was that last post to me, if so, I do not know what it means...sorry...can you please explain?

If you go to ScutWork, you may be able to find reviews on the residency program. By posting on this thread, Kimberli has brought it to the top of this section so it doesn't get lost with all the older threads. She did this since your question hasn't been answered yet. What a helpful moderator!! :D

What a helpful Senior Member (thanks Stinky)!

Sparhawk, Stinky Tofu has it correct:

"bumping" means to post on a thread in order to move it back up to the top; I DID do it so that your post would be seen by newcomers (since you had posted an identical thread today, rather than have 2 of the same, I simply bumped this one back up to the top. I sent you a Private Message about this earlier).

Scutwork
has some helpful reviews of residency programs. Simply click on the specialty of your choice and then choose the geographical area. I haven't checked to see if Bridgeport is included, but its worth a look; in addition, you might contact the department and see if they have any students with whom you could correspond. AND if you ahve any programs you can comment on, we would appreciate you doing a review for the Scutwork database - helping others down the line. In addition, have you checked the Medschool.com Program Database? Follow the links to "Roadmap to the Match" for the reviews and check for Bridgeport there as well.

Hope that clears things up.