Anyone attending NOVA?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by roger2004, Dec 7, 1999.

1. roger2004

roger2004 Senior Member

LOVE NOVA but would like to know if it is posible to do your 3rd and 4th clinical rotations entirely (or partially)in the NJ or NY area? Do you know of any student who has done this? Also is it difficult to find a residency in the northeast coming from NOVA?

------------------

rog

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Nova2003

Nova2003 Junior Member

Rog,

I don't know of any student that has done rotations in NJ. However, I downloaded the "Clinical Training Manual for Juniors/Seniors; May 99" and in it there is a list of locations for 3rd and 4th year rotations. One of the sights listed is University of Medicine and Dent. of N.J.-School of Osteopathic Med. (Stratford, NJ).

Most if not all of the required Rural Rotation sites are in Florida.
    http://medicine.nova.edu/ostmed/academics/clinicaled/

The document (PDF) and e-mail for the clinical education department can be found at the link above.

Hope this helps.

Clinton

[This message has been edited by Nova2003 (edited 12-08-1999).]

4. roger2004

roger2004 Senior Member

Thanks for the info, Clinton. I plan to give them a call after I look at the manual. Also, could you recommend any good areas for housing near the school, within a 15 minute ride? What should one expect to pay for rent for something furnished, if you have any idea? Or what do you think of the graduate housing? It looks pretty nice. I'm not from Florida, so I have NO idea of the area. Thanks again if you'd like to comment and good luck at NOVA

------------------

rog

5. 2003

2003 Senior Member

Hi Roger, take it from someone who is in the grad housing at Nova. The apartments are not nice. Go off-campus... in fact, some of the off-campus housing is closer to the HPD anyway. Cedar Key apartments is right across the street and many student live there.