curious07

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2008
Status
what's the acceptance rate at these schools? how competitive? how's the program??

how do these schools compare to SDSU, UT Houston, U Iowa???

I'm interested in Maternal and Child Health, Int'l concentration!

Anyone able to help?!:scared:

NDME

10+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'm attending U of Arizona in the fall.

If you look at the rankings (which I don't really care about). Arizona is ranked at 21 and is very competitive compared to the programs that you have listed.

I don't know what the acceptance rates are for these schools. They differ every year.

I am concentration in health promotion/health behavior.

Hope to see you there!

Linda

OP
C

curious07

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2008
Status
i've decided on UA too! FCH-int'l track!

how's living in Tucson, Arizona like? i'm an int'l student! :scared:

NDME

10+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I actually live in Phoenix and I will probably move down after the first semester.

It's hot in the summer as I'm sure you know.

Housing is reasonable compared to most places. I've seen studios for $450, 1 bedrooms for $500, etc.

I don't know where you care coming from but, there is not as much going on as in the Phoenix area. But, the people seem to be friendly and Tucson is a college town.

Linda

gunnabdr

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2008
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I was accepted into Loma Linda and I'm not an adventist person. But beware that they make all of their new students, including graduate and medical students, attend chapel once a week for 2 years! Yeah lame. But I know that UT Houston is a good school for public health and medical school. One of the top schools in Texas. If you get in and you are out of state that means you are really impressive!! The SPH is right down in the medical center, easy to get to and plenty of metro buses. And close parking! I work down there and drive, or walk, by it every day!!

orihime

10+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I was accepted into Loma Linda and I'm not an adventist person. But beware that they make all of their new students, including graduate and medical students, attend chapel once a week for 2 years! Yeah lame. But I know that UT Houston is a good school for public health and medical school. One of the top schools in Texas. If you get in and you are out of state that means you are really impressive!! The SPH is right down in the medical center, easy to get to and plenty of metro buses. And close parking! I work down there and drive, or walk, by it every day!!
I'm at LLU SPH now and you can petition to get out of going to chapel so it's not a big deal.