SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone aware of medschs that considers and accepts Int'l students? Add to list...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr.Zora Love..., Apr 26, 2002.

1. Dr.Zora Love...

Dr.Zora Love... Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2001
    UNAMEIT
    I am starting this thread because there are some medschs that don't consider int'l students(not green cardholders)regardless of them attending colleges here, their grades, EC's etc. To help students applying this summer, I am starting a list of medschools that accept int'l students. Please add to the list to support this cycle of applicants.

Harvard
    Yale
    Georgetown
    Tulane
    Emory
    Boston U
    Penn State

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I have about 40 school in my list. some of them are state school but most are public. I guess that all the private schools do accept intrl student.
    Where are you from Babypok? PM me if you want to trade information.

4. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I would add ALL private schools to this list...

5. Taty

Taty Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2002
    New York
    It seems to me that I wll not have my green card by next summer too...

yes u right all private schools

6. Thewonderer

Thewonderer Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2001
    Below I just copied and pasted the schools from the Canadian thread. I personally believe that Canadians and internationals are treated equally (it is simple, either you have greencard or not). However there is some rumor that Yale and Harvard might give financial aid to Canadians. I never saw it myself so I don't know. But it is from the grapevine.

Correction: MCP is a private school but it does not accept any internationals. If you circle it on your AMCAS application, MCP and AMCAS will happily take your AMCAS application fee and send you a rejection right away (at least, that's what happened to me a couple years ago).

For cheaper alternatives: Baylor tuition is only $15k per year for out-of-state and internationals (best buy) but Baylor has mandate to have 80% Texas residents in its class. Case Western's Dean's Scholarship (20k/year) is available for everyone including internationals but Case has mandate to accept 60% (or 80%?) in-state so it could be a little harder to get noticed and interviewed there as internationals. Wash U's merit scholarship is also available for internationals. Vandy and Wash U seem to have the most internationals.

The other thread's link:

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011344" target="_blank">http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011344</a>

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE: Schools that are marked with an asterik ( * ) have been PERSONALLY identified by an SDN member that they interview regular Canadians

Albany *
    Baylor
    Boston Univ.
    Case Western
    Columbia*
    Dartmouth*
    Duke University *
    Einstein *
    Emory
    Finch/Chicago Medical School*
    Georgetown
    George Washington *